Search Unity

Unity Learn Videos won't play!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Enialis_Nailo, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Enialis_Nailo

Enialis_Nailo

I've been following some of the live courses on unity learn but the past 5 days or so the none of the videos on the Unity Learn website would play. I literally just switched to a different ISP and upgraded to a 1gig fiber line after the Gmetrix Courseware Videos wouldn't play for the Unity Certification tests so I don't think the issues on my end, but I'm not really sure who to ask, I couldn't get anyone in the discord channel to watch one of the videos all the way through to confirm it was working for anyone else or if its just me.

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Can you link a specific one which doesn't play so other people can try it? I clicked on a random video and it played fine.

3. LordDarkenon

LordDarkenon

I have also just upgraded to 900Mb fibre broadband, and none of the Unity Learn videos will play for me as well. I have no problems on any other sites .. e.g. YouTube, Udemy etc.

4. LordDarkenon

LordDarkenon

The videos play ok in the Firefox browser, but don't play in Chrome or Microsoft Edge.

5. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

I wonder if it could be due to hardware acceleration - can you let us know if it's enabled or not with the browsers having trouble. If you change it, does it improve?

6. LordDarkenon

LordDarkenon

I turned off hardware acceleration in Chrome and it still doesn't work. Videos are still playing fine in Firefox.

7. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Alrighty - could you link me with two examples so I can raise this with the team directly?

Manokim likes this.
  8. IrrisWhatts

IrrisWhatts

That's really strange

9. KiberJaba

KiberJaba

One day videos has stopped working. I tried many browser, i tried watch videos from my phone, i tried use home wi-fi and mobile internet but it all was useless. Looks like unity dont give a f*** about this problem

10. richie_o

richie_o

@KiberJaba I'm having the same problem, they were working fine last night but none of them work today. It must be a problem on their end

11. kmo86

kmo86

12. Manokim

Manokim

I'm having the same problem, unity learn videos are not loading anymore, from the junior programmer pathway, the create with code ones and the pluralsight ones as well, i've tried other tutorials and all that works are videos from the youtube player.

13. Manokim

Manokim

Hello do you know if there is a fix to this problem? thank you

14. Ryiah

Ryiah

I just checked and the videos are working here (Virginia, USA). If I had to guess there is likely a connection problem somewhere between where you are in the world and the servers (you never directly connect to a server but rather go through several jump points to reach it and one of those is likely experiencing problems).

15. nirious

nirious

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  16. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Can you share a screenshot? It would be great if someone could capture a Charles Proxy network capture https://support.unity.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002917683-Using-Charles-Proxy-with-Unity . Basically install the root certificate from the Help menu and reboot. Then run the capture for a few minutes while you try to launch a video. Then stop the capture, save and attach the .chls file here. This will help us to troubleshoot.

17. nirious

nirious

Hi Jeff,
    I send you the charles log and a screenshot as requested.
    Plz keep us updated on your findings.

Attached Files:

18. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Interesting. In your capture under learn.unity.com and video/tutorial, your browser is requesting fs0.ts over and over. When I browse, it goes from fs0.ts, fs1.ts, fs2.ts etc. Which makes me believe this is browser and client related, not on the video server side. Not much help, but making progress.

19. nirious

nirious

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  20. nirious

nirious

For the record, I just tried to run the same tutorial video , which doesn't load on my pc, on my android phone on my same wifi and it loads ok.

21. nirious

nirious

I tried to run the same tutorial video on my pc in chrome and also with antivirus disabled and I still have the same problem. video doesn't play.

also:
    installed klite codec pack full: didn't work
    installed firefox: didn't work
    disabled hardware acceleration in edge: didn't work

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  22. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Good catch. My requests to connect-prd- are all 200/OK. So now could be a server issue again. I've let engineering know here.

23. Naheedmir

Naheedmir

Please check that the hardware acceleration is off. Hardware acceleration
    is located in settings > Advanced > hardware acceleration put it off and
    then check the videos, I hope they will play.

24. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Also, engineering is asking if you've cleared your browser cache.

25. nirious

nirious

Hi Jeff,
    clearing the browser cache fixed the problem on edge.
    The vids are playing ok now.
    Thank you for the assistence.

26. nirious

nirious

27. chellewell27

chellewell27

The Unity Create With Code tutorial videos played just fine in Chrome until a week ago. I swtiched to Edge and they worked there for a week and then stopped working. Today I downloaded and installed Firefox and they worked there, but still won't work in Chrome or Edge. I've tried clearing the cache, I've tried incognito windows, nothing seems to work to get the videos to play again. Any ideas?

28. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Try updating Chrome. To update Chrome on a Windows or Mac computer, open the browser and click the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of the window. Then hover over Help and click About Google Chrome. Wait for the update to finish and click Relaunch

29. chellewell27

chellewell27

Thanks for the tip. I checked and Chrome was up-to-date. Seeing this, I tried playing the videos in Chrome and they worked! Maybe Chrome updated on it's own between yesterday and today. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JeffDUnity3D likes this.