Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Learn Tutorials - Restricted videos, Inaccessible Assets

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by b33son, Dec 10, 2017.

1. b33son

b33son

Issues:
    • None of the project files for the Adventure Game Tutorial can be downloaded from the Asset Store... at least for me.

Issues with YouTube permissions. Videos are restricted because of incorrect video settings on YouTube. If you are on certain public networks, you will not be able to access the following videos. I resolved by switching to a private hotspot:
    • Only 2 of 10 videos from the Survival Tutorial are accessible on YouTube. All others are restricted.
    • Only 6 of 8 videos from the Tanks Tutorial are accessible on YouTube. Episodes 5 & 6 are restricted.
    • Only 5 of 6 videos from the Adventure Game Tutorial are accessible on YouTube. Episode 6 of 6 is restricted.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

3. b33son

b33son

I actually do view the videos through the Unity page. However, the videos are simply embedded from Youtube so the issue is the same either way. The videos I listed are marked as adult or tagged incorrectly somehow and so they are not viewable on when Youtube is in any sort of "restricted" mode. That's the setting many public Wifi's use and probably many schools or public libraries.

4. orb

orb

Restricted videos require you to be logged in too, I think, so embedding them is basically pointless since not everybody bothers to make yet another account. Somebody needs to have a look at those settings.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

You obviously didn't check before posting because I just tried all of them and none are restricted on the tutorial pages linked below. They were not when I did that tutorial months ago and they are not today either.

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/s/survival-shooter-tutorial