Search Unity

Unity Learn Premium

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by ChinLiang, Jun 16, 2020.

1. ChinLiang

ChinLiang

Hello I just started learning Unity and found out about the free Premium, but it's ending in about a few days.. if I don't extend the Premium, will I still be able to continue learning on Learn Live and the premium tutorials that I'm in the middle of?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Once it's no longer free, you'll have to get a Premium licence to continue the courses you have begun.

3. ChinLiang

ChinLiang

Okay, thanks for the reply! Guess I'll burn the midnight oil for three days straight!

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yep, I'm on a race to finish the C# Survival Guide myself! :D

5. ChinLiang

ChinLiang

Nice to know I'm not the only one trying to take advantage of the last few days of free premium. Goodluck and have fun!

Deleted User likes this.
  6. Deleted User

Deleted User

The dates have disappeared from the Covid19 notification at the top of Learn Premium. It now says: "COVID-19 Support: We’re providing all users three months of complimentary access to Unity Learn Premium."

Up to this morning, it indicated the 20th June as the last day for the offer. Maybe Unity is extending it?

7. ChinLiang

ChinLiang

Oh, oh my. I've only just saw that as well. Well if that's true, that'll be totally awesome! And I'll admit I'm super stoked at that idea right now, but one can only hope. :D

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Indeed.

I hope I'm not making ideas because there's a big chance that I won't be able to finish the course before June 20th...

ChinLiang likes this.
  9. ChinLiang

ChinLiang

Well, I have more than 10+ courses bookmarked, so... :p

10. Faksper

Faksper

Well i hope they make premium lessons available to all without any limitation, btw is there a way to download them ?

11. ChinLiang

ChinLiang

Well, not that I know of. Anyway, if the premium does end and you can't access the courses, I guess you can just search online for other courses as well. There are many good ones out there. Unity is useful as it helps you to track your progress, other than that I'm pretty sure the ones out there can work just as well.

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

There is always a way, you just need to look for it. :)

13. Deleted User

Deleted User

I've finished the C# Survival Guide! :D I'm going to wait a bit before beginning a new one; I don't want to risk not being able to follow it entirely.

hainogames likes this.
  14. ChinLiang

ChinLiang

Congratulations, glad to hear that! I'm still pretty far behind into clearing any of those guides I've bookmarked, with a bunch of them completed partially. I'm not the type to be able to just focus my attention onto a single thing, so I end up jumping here and there. I hope it doesn't just end abruptly. :eek:

hainogames likes this.
  15. Faksper

Faksper

Congrats how was your journey ? Which things u learned , i hope its helpful

16. Deleted User

Deleted User

It was great actually and I learnt a lot of things the tutorials do not teach, much of the advanced scripting that can be used in Unity. It makes you read the scripts you can find in the basic tutorials with other eyes and shiver at how certain games are made...

On a side line, it also confirmed my natural distrust towards, what's it's called? graphic scripting, you know like in Unreal, where scripting is replaced with linking little boxes to each others. What kind of code is hiding behind those?

And it also confirmed my position about people really needing to get an advanced knowledge before actually thinking about making anything that contains code.

I hope I'm not dampening your hopes on that matter and I'm sorry if I do. :)

17. hainogames

hainogames

Hey Guys,
    It's already 21 Jun & I still have access to premium courses, does it mean that they have extended the access for another 3 months ?

18. Deleted User

Deleted User

At the time it is, it's still the 20th of June somewhere in the world. :)

19. 11:46 pm here on the West Coast (San Francisco) :)

Deleted User likes this.
  20. ChinLiang

ChinLiang

"Supporting our Community : We’re making Learn Premium available to all users in perpetuity."

YES!!! Gonna learn them all...!!!!!!!!!

21. Deleted User

Deleted User

Ho ho, you beat me there! That's good news! Thank you Unity Technologies!

22. Mauri

Mauri

Deleted User likes this.