Search Unity

Unity Learn Pathways Future?

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Ragnell27, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Ragnell27

Ragnell27

I was curious if any new pathways were being developed for Unity Learn. As of this date, there are only two and one of them is dated seeing as it uses Unity 2018. I have greatly enjoyed the Unity Learn Pathways and have learned a lot. I was wondering what new pathways (if any) were in development and what subjects they would cover. Also, would the Unity Learn team be interested in collaborating with Blender or some other free modeling software? Thanks

2. GregoryLane

GregoryLane

Hi @Ragnell27!

Yes the team is actively working on developing new pathways! We don't have dates or themes yet for these new pathways, but we'll happily announce them as soon as we're ready.

While 2018 may seem 'dated', the thing to keep in mind that it's a Long Term Support (LTS) version - officially supported by Unity. We will certainly be keeping versioning in mind with future releases.

The suggestion for a Blender tutorial is a great one, and I'll be sharing it with the team. We have referenced it in a few places, but haven't yet done a deep dive with its relationship with Unity.

Thank you so much for your insight!

3. Ragnell27

Ragnell27

@GregoryLane Hey, thanks for the quick response! Was not expecting to get one so soon. I am glad to hear that more pathways are on the way and am looking forward to learning from them. The two current pathways have a good quality to them, so take your time to get the new pathways right! Thanks again.

GregoryLane likes this.
  4. bracknelson

bracknelson

Junior Programming would be one of the future pathways of Unity learning to learn the coding skills you require to create your dream project and start expanding your career opportunities.

5. danielburkley1

danielburkley1

Hi! I am new to Unity learning. Where can I find information about Junior Programming course? Thanks in advance!

6. Valjuin

Valjuin

New career pathways ... - Unity Blog (There are links to both the Unity Essentials and the Junior Programmer pathways in the blog.)

7. Sharikoff

Sharikoff

Would love more pathways that take us right up to the level of Unity Certified Professional Programmer or at least Associate to begin with. Following the Junior Programmer now and it's exactly what I needed after years of random tutorials and prototype projects - but I know I'll need to learn much more than that to land even an entry-level job.

8. BeBamboocha

BeBamboocha

I also think the Pathways are aweeeesome and I really enjoy them but would love to have a wider range of topics. They are just so well explained and really great to guide you through.

Can't wait to get some updates!