Search Unity

Bug Unity layout bug makes editor crash at start 50% of the time

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MinhocaNice, Oct 10, 2021.

1. MinhocaNice

MinhocaNice

I am using Unity 2019.4.14f1, everytime I open a project in that version in Unity Hub the first time after a while (maybe after restarting the computer, but not necessarily), I get this message:

Clicking the first option causes the window to pop off then appear again, like nothing happened. Clicking the second option gives me this:

Clicking continue causes the window to pop off then the first window shows up again just like before, and quit simply quits Unity altogether. After opening the Unity Hub and the project again, the problem seems to disappear and it opens normally. It is possible that the problem happens every odd attempt at opening the project (first, third, fifth, etc), while even attempts don't trigger this error.

I do have a custom layout window in Unity, but regardless of what I try with it the problem persists every time.

I reported the bug in Unity Hub and got a response in August, but was unable to respond to it in time. Here is the link to the Report Case 1358007 (currently closed, not sure how to respond to it now): https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?1358007_5amm7plll1dnf7k3

Case ticket: 1358007_5amm7plll1dnf7k3

Attached Files:

2. MinhocaNice

MinhocaNice

This log message also appears sometimes when it actually works:

The editor layout could not be fully loaded, this can happen when the layout contains EditorWindows not available in this project
    UnityEditor.WindowLayout:LoadDefaultWindowPreferences()

All the Editor windows used are default from Unity, however.

3. MinhocaNice

MinhocaNice

This also appears when I change the layout:

Attached Files: