Search Unity

Unity Launcher 'Learn' Known Issues

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by willgoldstone, Apr 4, 2017.

1. willgoldstone

willgoldstone

Unity Technologies

Hi everyone!

So as you may have noticed, we added the first iteration of our new access to content to the Unity launcher in Unity 5.6 -

Launcher-Learn.png

..lots more to come on this front - but for now, we have a bug that may be affecting many of you - the launcher is currently pulling earlier versions of the content packages which may have errors for some totally new users. I want to assure you we’re investigating and hope to have this fixed very soon.

Thanks for your patience!

Will

2. Dave-Carlile

Dave-Carlile

This is a nice feature, thanks for calling it out since I never really see this screen since most of the time I just have a single work in progress that opens up automatically.

3. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Aside from the bug, this is a really awesome feature!

Kronnect likes this.
  4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Regardless of teething problems, it looks like a fantastic way to get people started.

twobob, MrLucid72 and Alverik like this.
  5. Ericks89

Ericks89

Never noticed... just selected my project and off to the races.
    good for newbies tho.

6. the_motionblur

the_motionblur

Cool. It would be nice if the launcher supported setting preview thumbnails for our own projects in the future as well. :)

KarlGG likes this.
  7. WaltN

WaltN

Is this thread discussing this error message that comes up when I open a project after upgrading from 5.6.0f3 to 5.6.1f1: "Your project was last opened with a different setup of Unity."

Full error message attached.

I thought I'd ask that key question before elaborating.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  8. WaltN

WaltN

Weird! I unchecked VR support (Oculus) in Player Settings. Checked that the project played without VR. It did. Saved everything. Re-launched Unity and opened the same project. No error dialog. Re-checked VR support and saved. Re-launched Unity and opened the project. No error dialog. The project ran. Problem apparently solved.

9. jordandavidson143

jordandavidson143

This is a first-rate function, thanks for calling it out because I under no circumstances quite see this monitor considering that most of the time I simply have a single work in development that opens up routinely. Essay Help UK