Search Unity

Unity launch stuck at license management screen

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pitch1, Oct 29, 2016.

1. pitch1

pitch1

Hi All,

I am recently facing this strange issue on my mac, where while trying to activate a license, after entering teh license key and clicking next. Unity shows updating license screen, followed by the activation screen and then goes back to the license management screen. I have used the same pro key on this system before without any issues.
    Also attached a screen shot of where the screen is stuck.

I have tried to remove Unity, delete the license file and reinstall unity but it behaves the same way.

Would really appreciate some help here.

Mac OSx version - 10.11.5

Thanks,
    Anand.

Attached Files:

2. mark_ffrench

mark_ffrench

3. Green-Sauce-Games

Green-Sauce-Games

I have the same problem! The command line trick does not work for me.

I can see that the license file is being recreated, but it seems that Unity fails to detect it and stay stuck on this screen. Unity Hub does detect the correct License file, but Unity fails to open.

4. NNSkelly

NNSkelly

I'm getting the same issue. Command-line trick confirmed does not work.
    It _may_ be something to do with reinstalling- I installed 2017.3.1, entered my license key, it was accepted, and I moved on to trying to open a project only to realize it was a 2017.3.0 project which I can't afford (vis development pipelines on other machines) to flip up to 2017.3.1 right now. So I installed 2017.3.0 (in a new directory), ran _it_ and it said my license had expired and needed to be reactivated. So I enter the key again, and as described, Unity confirms the validity of the format, proceeds to attempt to activate (the first time I click Next it actually advances a screen; on subsequent clicks only the green stripe updates), and then lands back on the key-entry screen with no errors but no success either.

Edit: Aaaaand, following https://forum.unity.com/threads/stuck-on-checking-license-screen.482190/ , I decided to log out (of Unity account, within the setup screen) and log back in. Logout added an angry orange "some features will be unavailable" bar, logging back in... caused the whole app to crash. Starting a formal bug report now.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  5. NNSkelly

NNSkelly

Progress, at least for now.

Per https://forum.unity.com/threads/uninstalling-unity-on-mac.395154/ , deleting the Unity app will not delete Unity's settings, since they're stored all over the place. This looks like a license file issue, so...

1. Open a new Finder or Terminal window and navigate to [Macintosh HD]/Library/Application Support/Unity
    2. Remove Unity_lic.ulf (I'd say simply move out rather than delete, in case this process doesn't work for you and you need to put it back)
    3. Re-launch Unity. Rather than saying there's [insert issue here] with the license, it will simply ask you to enter a new key to activate from scratch.
    4. In my case, after a few fits and skips, it appears Unity has now re-accepted my license key, without my even needing to go and flush out my managed license seats. YMMV, but it's a place to start.

6. EdmundSalcedo

EdmundSalcedo

Still experiencing this issue on Unity 2018.2.3 :(
    I've tried all the options above. None works.

7. Fsmyn

Fsmyn

Далбаебы, блять, скачиваешь юнити с офф сайта, делаешь все что просят, отвечаешь на все вопросы и эта ебаная лицензия тупо встает. Че за хуету вы натворили, обычный пользователь, блять, не может тупо включить вашу хуесосную программу

lubojankovic7 likes this.
  8. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

We have run into many problems with the license management in Unity. Make sure to remove the license completly (from the seats and not from the assigned seat view!) and use the license file activation (manual) instead of the hub. This was what worked for us after a lot of headache...