Search Unity

Unity Keystore Not Accepting Correct Password

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by PapillonNov, Feb 14, 2019.

1. PapillonNov

PapillonNov

2 days ago i upload my first game to play store and yesterday i upgrade Unity to 2019 beta version but!!!!!! Unity never accepted my keystore password please help me!

So I think I might be going insane. I have the keystore for this application I'm planning to update on Google Play that is built in Unity. So I have the keystore and when I load it up in keystore manager it accepts the password, but, when I enter the password in the custom keystore part of project settings in Unity it says the wrong password. I even checked the password in the command line with JDK so I know the password is right.

In console the more detailed answer says that it was :

'Unable to create key in keystore. Please make sure the location and password of the keystore is correct.'.

I have tried creating copies of the keystore and placing it in a different location to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BertyGames likes this.
  2. BertyGames

BertyGames

The same happened to me today, it was eliminated today an older game with 30k installations, I had the project on the dropbox, I downloaded it and when I wanted to enter the password at the keystore it did not work.

3. BertyGames

BertyGames

I've resolved, I suggest you downgrade to the previous beta version.

PapillonNov likes this.
  4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

5. PhilippeGe

PhilippeGe

Same problem here and i am using 2018.2.5f1 (not beta).
    When i write the good password, it is not recognized and i see this message in the console when i click on the alias is not offering any option. Thanks for your help i need to make sure i can update my app in future if i make it public today.

"
    CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to list keys in the keystore. Please make sure the location and password of the keystore is correct.
    C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_191\bin\java.exe -Xmx2048M -Dcom.android.sdkmanager.toolsdir="C:\Users\Pgerard\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\tools" -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -jar "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer/Tools\sdktools.jar" -
    stderr[
    Error: Unable to read 'D:\PROJET_VR\Ajeter.keystore'
    Error: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect
    ]
    stdout[
    ]
    exit code: 255
    UnityEditor.Android.Command.WaitForProgramToRun (UnityEditor.Utils.Program p, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.Android.Command.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidSDKTools.RunCommandInternal (System.String javaExe, System.String sdkToolsDir, System.String[] sdkToolCommand, Int32 memoryMB, System.String workingdir, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidSDKTools.RunCommand (System.String javaExe, System.String sdkToolsDir, System.String[] sdkToolCommand, System.String workingdir, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg, Int32 memoryMB)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

6. od3098

od3098

Same here after updating to Unity 2019.0f2
    Using JDK and SDK installed with Unity.
    and my previous version used to work with the same keystore and passwords with external JDK and SDK.

7. od3098

od3098

Ok, the problem seems to be related to android SDK provided with Unity. I've just downloaded android SDK and used in external tools path and now my keystore password works fine.

bostudio likes this.
  8. bostudio

bostudio

I am using Unity 2019.1.2f1 and rplacing the SDK that is provided with unity with the one I downloaded solved the problem for me<

9. GunLengend

GunLengend

Same here, with 2019.1f4.

10. Jaakko87

Jaakko87

Same here... I try to download sdk. Hope it helps or this is going to be a big problem since i cant update my games..

11. majogames

majogames

There are some new Solutions here, for that Problem?
    I also have the Problem now? I tried to install Andoid Studio to use thsi SDK and JDK but it also don't work. I'm sure, that my password ist ok....I have written it down as I generated the key....

12. hypergdd

hypergdd

the keystore is corrupted, but you can create a new keystore and request keystore changing

13. mgear

mgear

i've once requested keystore (forgotten password) change for simple game app in google play store,
    but it was rejected, info:

14. AxyC

AxyC

You could try (like it worked for me) by substituting (or adding in my case) the Gradle Tools file found in PlaybackEngines/Tools/etc..

If you didn't find it (like me), you could get it from another unity version, or from the one you used precedently...

15. boukilmouad

boukilmouad

1) Installed Keystore Explorer
    2) Opened my old keystore file in Keystore Explorer by entering my keystore password
    3) Then I right-clicked on the certificate and change the type of keystore to JKS
    4) CTRL + S to save and you're done
    5) Go to unity, import your keystore and it works

Niroan, tuandinlygo, dvrigin and 2 others like this.
  16. finefin

finefin

Thank you, this works!
    You should also make sure to select the 'Project Keystore' (+password) AND the 'Project Key' (+password) in ProjectSettings/Player/Android/Publishing

Niroan likes this.
  17. Niroan

Niroan

This works for anyone else looking for resolution.
    One annoying note though, if you have your project open and are trying to type in password.
    You need to close the Build settings and reopen again then type in password and it will work.

18. unity_DgdF0NVOPLUNAQ

unity_DgdF0NVOPLUNAQ

Goto your Project Root Folder
    open "ProjectSettings" folder
    find "ProjectSettings.asset" file and open it in notepad
    and find these two lines in this file
    AndroidKeystoreName: '{inproject}: mykey.keystore'
    AndroidKeyaliasName: myalis

and just write your alis name "AndroidKeyaliasName" after this

now try to select your keystore and type password your alis will auto selected you just need to put alis password.

[Note ] don't select the alis just write password in alis field if not work just try 2 to 3 time it will 10 percent works

Last edited: Dec 14, 2023