Search Unity

Unity keeps adding unity-ads.aar

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by josephsaade, Jan 16, 2017.

1. josephsaade

josephsaade

I have a project which has Ads enabled, whenever I build, Unity auto-magically ads unity-ads.aar
    I tried searching for the aar file and it is no where to be found in the Assets folder.

The issue is that unity-ads.aar is an old version, If I upgrade in the assets store I get a newer version UnityAds.aar which appears in the Plugins/Android folder but I cannot build as Unity keeps adding the old "unity-ads.aar" file

Anybody faced such a weird issue?

Thanks

2. Ben-Stoneman

Ben-Stoneman

Services Support

Hi Josephsaade,

Just to see if I understand Correctly; You are creating your game In the Unity editor and wish to build to android, when you build the game the unity-ads.aar file appears in your project?

Let me know if I've understood this correctly. Also please let me know of any other errors that appear.

3. josephsaade

josephsaade

Yes, this is exactly the issue.
    There are no errors, the only problem is that I cannot download any new Unity Ad plugin from the asset store as it will cause a conflict with this magical unity-ads.aar

4. Ben-Stoneman

Ben-Stoneman

Services Support

What version of the Unity editor are you using? Versions past 5.5 will work when enabling via the services window.

I think I had this same issue myself and found that it was solved by deleting the old Unity ads asset from the Assets folder:

Windows - User>AppData>Roaming>Unity> Asset Store
    Mac - User>Library>Unity>Asset Store

Once deleted check that it is not still re-importing. If it does not re-import you can use the services window for implementation or update the Asset store SDK.

Please let me know if that solves the issue.

5. monark

monark

This is still happening in U2018.4.6, unfortunately I can't find it anywhere on my Mac to remove it

6. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

In 2018.4, you can use the Package Manager to add or remove packages, including the Advertisements package (which is where unity-ads.aar is from).