Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity is cheating?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by willisuh, Aug 24, 2019.

1. willisuh

willisuh

Unity cheating devs and Golbach's conjecture have two things in common: Extremely obvious and difficult to prove

ECPM of only few cents? Is this a joke? I waited patiently for a few weeks to monitor the situation but now I know it wont improve. I have a feeling Unity is *probably* taking 90~99% of ad revenue instead of sharing with developers.

It appears I may need to find another ad service. Are there any good ones that wont cheat us like Unityads?

And no, dont give me the 'country tier' nonsense. 71.6% of impressions were from highest tier countries. United States giving me eCPM of 0.05 while South Korea giving me 0.02.

Oh, some people claim that you need like a million impressions to have decent ECPM? That is even more worrisome since it pretty much *confirms* that Unity is stealing revenue from apps with smaller numbers of downloads. Small and weak = easy pickings. And Unity can get away with earning tons of unjustified income since millions of small apps with few dozen downloads wont bother about losing out on few measly bucks.

Unity, you better be careful before you advertise your ECPM of $20. False advertisement is a federal crime. I suggest you edit your statement to reflect upon ACTUAL median ECPM that you pay out to your devs.

https://www.classlawgroup.com/consumer-protection/false-advertising/laws/

View attachment 472697 View attachment 472700
    View attachment 472721
    unity cheat3.PNG

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019