Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

"Unity is busy..." Active input Handling Problem, Unity is stuck

Discussion in 'Input System' started by abarras000, Mar 18, 2021.

1. abarras000

abarras000

In my project I have added Unities new input system and removed it switching Active Input Handling to the old system, after having decided not to use it.

upon reloading, it seems like it is an endless cycle of unity being busy.

Unity will not let me change back, not work on my project.

Closing and reopening the project repeats this process. In its current state, as stated, I am no longer able to work on my project because of it.

This is unity 2020.2.5f1

Please let me know any advice, because I cannot afford to restart this project.

2. abarras000

abarras000

Also Downgrading unity versions did not help, nor deleting the library cache

3. You have a couple of options:
    - check the editor logs, try to find out what happens, maybe it is fixable or maybe you just need to wait for the process, it's impossible to judge what is happening, you didn't share any meaningful information, only the symptoms, which can mean anything
    whatever Unity is doing when it says busy
    - go back in your version control system before the point where you added the new input system
    - you can always recreate your project without the input system package and add the assets from the old project's folder on disk by dropping in the assets folder, you can pick and choose what you're migrating

Also consider migrating to the LTS.

ps: please try not to post your problem at multiple places in multiple threads

abarras000 likes this.
  4. abarras000

abarras000

Thank you. And I apologize about posting in multiple places. As might be evident, I'm not used to forums, and proper practice. I did find a possible solution though.

I downgraded to a previous version, and upgraded it back to still suffer the same condition.
    At my wits end, and as a last ditch attempt I just full restarted my computer. This morning it opened without the loading error. There were no red flags my computer was acting up before hand, so I'm not sure why this worked.

Thanks again.

5. IsometricBacon

IsometricBacon

I was getting this a lot, and it was getting up to the 5 minute mark to open the project, which was driving me batty.

I found deleting my library folder, and letting Unity rebuild it fixed it for me.

Suggest you back it up first, and be aware that rebuilding the Library can take a long time.