Search Unity

Bug unity is broken crap..

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by tyber_gsk, Oct 14, 2021.

1. tyber_gsk

tyber_gsk

wtf is this S***...?!
    any asset i.m importing no matter what render it creating 10- 300 errors even with no terrain on the map...!!
    unity tools and unity standard assets importing with errors.. wtf is this not working S***...?!
    painting textures on the map creating errors..!!!! wtf.. is this broken S***...?!

regards...

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I'm torn which to vote for.

If you are using unity hub, make sure you never save your projects inside Unity folders. Make a separate work folder. In addition learn about HDRP and pipelines, you might be using the wrong one. Finally, it looks like S*** means Soap right?

3. Mauri

Mauri

In that case, the error sits right in front of the PC. Nothing to do with Unity.

For instance, the Standard Assets won't work in Editor versions above
    (as clearly written on the store page). Using them in more recent Editor versions requires some manual fixing. Also, when getting errors, it makes sense to tell us them - otherwise, we can't really help you much.

Lurking-Ninja likes this.
  4. LukeDawn

LukeDawn

Unsure if this is a PEBKAC error or an ID ten T error.

5. tyber_gsk

tyber_gsk

Hey all.
    Thx for reply.
    Sorry for my soap language.
    H's it took me to import and reimport after deleting assets that i paid for to my projects.
    I.m sorry but almost every asset free or paid creating errors just by importing.. no matter witch render i use hdrp or urp.
    Even empty projects getting errors after importing assets free or paid ones.
    Shouldn't this all be compatible..?
    I mean i dont mind to convert one render to another even when loosing material, all i need is textures.
    But again why i.m getting endless errors with missing part of scripts etc after importing..
    This make my blood boiling..
    Also my map is 20/20km and beacouse of that grass 2d on the terrain is very loose far from ichother even after increasing spawn rate to 100% etc. Only way to paint grass tight enough is to place it as a trees..
    But this lower the performance a lot on my i910900k and rtx 3070 ti.
    Regards..

6. tyber_gsk

tyber_gsk

Standard assets , terrain tools etc creating errors on importing.
    They where created for older version of unity so they dont work on latest one.
    This is unacceptable..
    Is a consumer i expect assets to work flawlessly after importing them to my project instead of wasting time on fixing scripts errors and missing material etc.
    Come on..
    When i pay money for asset that i need i expect it to work after import on whatever render i use.
    But no i have to fix pink material and convert it..
    Come on..
    Project that should take me 50h's to finish is taking me 100h's due to fixing errors.

7. Mauri

Mauri

Without you telling us which errors you're getting exactly (see
    Console Window
    )
    , we can't really help you much.

Assets may or may not be compatible with URP and/or HDRP. However, the compatibility of an asset is usually shown on the asset's store page under "Render pipeline compatibility" (e.g. see Farm Crops) or written in the description. You can upgrade Materials that are using Unity's own Shaders from one pipeline to another, but custom-made Shaders always require manual converting (read: 1, 2).

As for the Standard Assets, you have been warned. They are a Legacy package meant for 2018.4 only and no longer maintained by Unity. It's literally written on the asset's store page.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  8. mholmes

mholmes

@tyber_gsk I'm not a mod but you should not disrespect Unity as well with your "Unity is broken crap". We all get frustrated but you cant go from 0 to 10. It looks like your new to Unity, I recommend you check out Bracy's or other helpful sites on Unity for development and how to use it.