Search Unity

unity is already in list. you cannot locate the same version

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by xxShana, Nov 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BasilUnity

BasilUnity

Unity Technologies

Hey @LinsaFTW

Can you please post your Unity support ticket number? I'll ask the support team for an update on it.

2. my_unity452

my_unity452

How today bro? it still same problem

3. Invertex

Invertex

Same issue, and it's only happening when I try to open an existing project using 2019.4.4f1, but it will open the same project fine if I choose to upgrade version to 2020, or make a new project in 2019.4... But once I try to re-open the new project it won't work and just instantly reboots the Hub.

4. grymlock

grymlock

This works for me too. Enabling back the ethernet adapter does the trick. Thanks!

ShantiB95 and LilHati like this.
  5. d3x7er

d3x7er

None of the above worked for me. Today everything was working fine and after i turned my PC off and back on after couple of hours the problem from this thread occured. Nothing like disabling adapters, removing updating license, nothing worked I was using the Unity Hub 2.2 i think and tried upgrading to 2.3.2 latest version - didn't work. So After trying all the solutions I was using 2019.4.0f1 so I upgraded to the newest Unity 2020.1.0f1 and now it works.. I hope it doesn't happen again, but it's so annoying just spash screenn -> Server -> Packages and nothing (just sometimes the message appears) and thats all.

TA_Ahmad likes this.
  6. fschmidmichels

fschmidmichels

This has wasted several hours of my life. I had to record my screen with OBS studio to even see the error message. The solution was to enable the onboard LAN adapter, which I have disabled, because I use an 10Gbit PCIe Adapter card. Thats just stupid programming on Unitys part.

LilHati likes this.
  7. LilHati

LilHati

I made an account specifically so I can come here and say this worked for me.

I did the following:
    - Return Unity license inside of Hub
    - Sign out of Hub
    - Close Hub
    - Enable all network adapters
    - Open Hub
    - Sign into Hub
    - Clicked "Activate New License" on "Manage Licenses" page
    - Opened my project.

I only had my wireless network adapter enabled. When I enabled the ethernet adapter as well (which I had disabled, as I was not using it), everything worked.

My guess is that Unity performs some sort of check to try and access the license server, and when your ethernet adapter is disabled it short circuits and assumes it can't connect to the license server.

8. LT23Live

LT23Live

My coworker has been having the same problem. He was using a faster Ethernet card and had disabled one of them. Not only did he have to enable it but he had to plug it in to at least a dead end switch to get unity hub to open his project. I hope you fix this unity because these projects need to be able to open in offline mode sometimes too.

9. jafartahir011

jafartahir011

[A SOLUTION] I faced this issue after getting the blue screen of death on my Surface Pro. I don't have any issues with any of my wifi cards, VPNs, or other issues people have mentioned in this thread. A simple return of the license, the uninstallation of unity hub, reinstallation of unity hub, and reactivation of license worked for me.

10. Valorware

Valorware

had the same thing happen today after I disabled my ethernet adapter. re-enabled it and it worked

11. ALTernative-MS

ALTernative-MS

Hi guys! have the same issue , can't solve it any methods just don't work. Uninstall many time - just the same S*** ( Unity guys! Please delete this damm Unity Hub , it's a trash! It's NOT work at all (((

12. ALTernative-MS

ALTernative-MS

Its don't work too

13. ToshoDaimos

ToshoDaimos

I have this problem as of 13.10.2020. I resolved it by enabling my Wi-Fi adapter. I have three network controllers in my laptop: internal Ethernet, internal Wi-Fi and external USB Ethernet. I use only the USB Ethernet. If I disable my Wi-Fi controller, then Unity Editor won't start.

14. FlorianBernard

FlorianBernard

Just had the same issue and turning my WiFi adapter back ON worked (under Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections) . Just wasted 2 hours trying to figure this out... :mad:

15. UnbridledGames

UnbridledGames

Well I tried something different. I opened unity with my laptop in airplane mode. I guess if the Hub sees that there is NO internet at ALL, it doesn't care that something about it is weird. Apparently, it doesn't actually NEED an internet connection. Weird huh?

16. UnbridledGames

UnbridledGames

I think I figured out what the issue is, or at least, a base cause for it.

I'm currently working from a hotel, and they have mediocre internet access that keeps kicking me off every so often. As I was trying to get it to work, I set an option in Windows to give me a virtual hardware/MAC address and change it every time I connected. (A likely unnecessary security feature to help reduce the ability to track you. I turned it on, and forgot I had done it).

I think Unity when doing license checking is somehow using your network adapter's hardware address. A little bit ago, I had to restart Unity to test something I had done, and it came up in PC/Mac/Standalone mode instead of iOS. I tried to switch it back and it told me that iOS was not available with my license. Huh?

I went into the Hub to look at licensing, and after messing with it, got an error that my license was not valid for my hardware (or something to that effect).

I'm positive that something having to do with the changing MAC address I've been using, it possibly changing a few times today - was the root cause of my problem.

I "fixed" it by starting Unity while tethered to my phone - my mac address is not flagged to change when connecting to that network. And everything opened up fine.

Unity's error messages regarding this are NOT helpful. But, hopefully this helps others figure out what's going on when they stumble across this googling.

17. Aurigan

Aurigan

Bleh, what a horrible waste of time this is. Happened to me after updating Windows - hub seemed to think I wasn't logged in, after logging in it kept displaying the 'unity is already in list' message (which I could only read by screen recording the error). Fixed by returning license, restarting computer, removing activation from the web seats management and activating license in hub, again.

SimonDarksideJ likes this.
  18. SimonDarksideJ

SimonDarksideJ

Can't believe (although I can) that this issue was reported LAST YEAR and is still unresolved by Unity.
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-out-of-range-error-is-thrown-in-the-hub-logs

In short, if your network adapter changes at any time AFTER you activated your original license, the Unity hub will not work.
    After must stress, you either need to:
    * Activate your old adapter EVERY TIME you want to start unity
    * Only open your projects from a scene file
    * Use this fix to install an OLD version of the hub, which fixes the license
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/hub...-locate-the-same-version.786434/#post-5270529

quarksrule and emerge-sjh like this.
  19. toan_unity

toan_unity

It's working thanks so much

20. vfxjex

vfxjex

21. vignesh211

vignesh211

Following all of the solutions mentioned above didn't work for me. Tried using another version of unity. Works now.

22. thetafferboy

thetafferboy

23. RPKLeads

RPKLeads

Yea This worked, but it didnt fetch the license correctly. it was using indie license :(.
    I am using a enterprise license and behind a proxy server :( any one with this setting facing a similar problem ?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  24. Straafe

Straafe

This is still happening on Unity Hub 2.4.2 as of today.

I did install a new network card a few weeks ago but it was working fine until today, and now I cannot open any projects through Unity Hub despite paying for a Pro license. I can't think of anything I did today that was different than a usual day. The only thing that kind of seems to line up with other people throughout this thread is that I installed an extra network card as my onboard ethernet port was failing, but that was a few weeks ago and Unity Hub was working fine until today. Does this software really eventually fail if you simply have multiple network cards (And fail in a way with a cryptic, meaningless error message that you either have to record the screen or hit a frame perfect "prntscrn" to even see to eventually find your way to this thread)? This seems a bit silly. Since my onboard ethernet is causing other system issues, I can't just re-enable it to test if that works.

Opening a scene file directly as a workaround kind of works, but is not an ideal solution (especially seeing as I have many projects all using different versions of Unity, and to use that trick I have to manually have Windows associate the scene files with the correct version of Unity each time, and I haven't checked if Pro features are active when doing this trick and others are reporting they aren't which would make it not viable). I've also tried returning my license and manually re-activating which did not fix the problem. I will try downgrading the Unity Hub version or editing the request files as others have reported might work, but this is getting a little ridiculous.

Can we elevate this issue until it is fixed? This is very frustrating.

25. Hoodaa123

Hoodaa123

Okay so what I did is i removed the project as a whole from the list unity hub list redownload it in a diff directory and open it again it should load everything from start then it will work fine

26. chitrang313

chitrang313

If You Are Using Windows PC
    Go To Setting > Network & Internet > Status > Network Reset > Reset Now.

Restart Your System.
    Done.

Attached Files:

27. trandiep0218

trandiep0218

Captain here.
    You need to delete "licensing" folder in 'C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data'.
    Hope this help!

28. dreamboothmike

dreamboothmike

This worked for me. I installed a second network card the day before and had the previous one disabled. Enabling it fixed the issue.

ShantiB95 likes this.
  29. Arch1medes

Arch1medes

Holy S***. This just happened to me and I was pulling my hair out. This fixed the issue. Wtf Unity...

30. Pratibha26

Pratibha26

Hi guys,

Even after clicking on install the unity editor does not install!! Could you please help me with any solution?

Thanks & regards
    Pratibha

31. UnityJuju

UnityJuju

Unity Technologies

Hi @Pratibha26
    We'll need a bit more of information on this one. Could you please create a new thread detailing your issue, with any relevant information that you can provide?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
unityunity