Search Unity

Unity Iphone Question

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by colinter220, Jul 27, 2011.

1. colinter220

colinter220

Well I had Unity iPhone 1.7 (I Think) Lets just say it was the one before Unity 3 came out. and It couldn't publish IOS 4 apps. So after I got Lion I didn't have a time machine backup and unity iPhone is now gone. with isn't a big problem cause it was out of date anyway. But heres my question:

I entered my serial Number into the box and (my attachment) came up. so Im wondering what that means.

does it mean I can use unity free with my purchased unity iPhone. or do i have to upgrade?

Attached Files:

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Major version upgrades are always paid upgrades.

--Eric

3. colinter220

colinter220

k. so i spend $400.00 in 2010 just so it can go out of date and now i have to spend $1100.00

thanks Unity..

4. Dreamora

Dreamora

If you spend the $400 in 2010 after the first information on Unity 3, then the license is a unity 3 one (it starts with U3)

The fact that you claim $1100 clearly implies that you have a Unity 3 license actually, cause thats the fee you pay for the unity iOS upgrade to unity iOS Pro

So basically, if you install unity 3 and inswert your license for activation its all fine and you can switch the project type to iOS in the build settings.
    correct me should I be wrong :)

5. marjan

marjan

Well with unity 1.7 you could for sure get something to work with ios 4. It was just no available setting inside unity. Only thing you have to do is go to XCodes project settings and set the Destribution target to whatever over 3.0 and the Base SDK to the newset you have in your XCode.

You should still be able to use it, if you deleted the installer though, i don´t know if you can still download that.

6. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Why do you have to spend $1100? The upgrade fee would be $200. (And yes, software goes out of date and needs to be upgraded; this is an extremely common thing. At least Unity gives you all .x upgrades free--and they aren't just small upgrades either--so you only have paid upgrades about every 3 years, which is a far better deal than most software.)

--Eric