Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity iPhone Apps in the Store - List Yours Here

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by jeffcraighead, Nov 3, 2008.

1. scinfu

scinfu

Attached Files:

2. gutripper

gutripper

3. AM Team

AM Team

4. Jessy

Jessy

5. Jehsup

Jehsup

6. ezone

ezone

That's normal behavior for these types of links (sometimes opening Safari happens so fast you don't notice it).

7. bakno

bakno

Thanks Simon

We found that the link that starts with "phobos" is the one that makes the trick.

8. jeffcraighead

jeffcraighead

iBark is out. Check it out on my website www.sargegames.com and on iTunes at http://tinyurl.com/a6dcwv. Use it to annoy your pets and coworkers or ermm... well seriously, it's a silly noise making app, what else would you use it for? Hook it up to a stereo and pretend you have a big dog if someone is breaking into your house. :D

9. Oniatariio

Oniatariio

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301639092&mt=8

Clever Coding has announced their Fastest Flyers Sweepstakes, which will award a $250 iTunes gift card to the player who beats Paper Pilot with the fastest time. Ten (10) second place winners will also be awarded a $25 iTunes gift card.

In the game, you fly a small paper airplane around your offices, your home and even the sewer. The controls are novel- you just tilt your device in the direction you want to fly. Swipe your finger across the screen to control the throttle, to accelerate through the levels at break-neck speed. Even your grandmother can fly in 3D with these controls.

The game play is quite addicting; race against time as you fly through all 8 challenging levels and earn ranks to advance. "Paper Pilot" keeps you coming back for more as you attempt to open higher and higher levels while avoiding deceptively difficult obstacles.

We are planning updates that will include more levels, weapons like spitball guns and pencil missiles, and enemies like the stapler, tape dispenser and others.

10. col000r

col000r

Isn't it a bit bold to simply rip the graphics from the iPhone Occlusion example, the sewer control room example and the Shadow demo?

Edit: And did I mention that the gameplay looks a lot like the startrooper example project? Come on man, you built a paper plane and charge $2.99 for it?

11. kinl

kinl

I'd be interested to know why Paper Pilot doesn't work on the 1G iTouch?

I would have posted this question in another thread but there isn't any, sorry for the hyjack, a new thread for Paper Pilot would be good :)

12. jeffcraighead

jeffcraighead

I have to agree with col000r, using one or two objects from a tutorial in a published game is OK, but ripping off a complete environment and selling it as your own is a big no-no in my opinion and a good way to get yourself sued if you do it to the wrong person/company.

13. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Generally the Unity demo projects allow you to use the assets however you want, as long as they're used in a Unity project, so technically it's probably OK. However, the app store description implies that the graphics are done by the creators of the game, which is not cool. (Also the use of the default GUI skin makes the game look unfinished, which is unfortunately pretty common...come on, people, make your own graphics so your games look polished!)

--Eric

14. col000r

col000r

so basically I could just build the demo-projects and sell them on the appstore? damn you, my stupid ambitions...

15. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

This thread is a place for folks to announce the iTunes/AppStore content, if you want to discuss the assets used and whether that's appropriate then please do that elsewhere (new thread), thanks. In general we provide all assets under a license that allows you to use them in whatever project you like as long as that project is made in Unity, so there's nothing wrong (legally) with what's been done based on what I've read in this thread (I've not looked at the app itself nor any of its credits).

16. Oniatariio

Oniatariio

17. G-o-D933

G-o-D933

18. phoen

phoen

19. nikemerlino

nikemerlino

20. kheng

kheng

21. Matt Rudder

Matt Rudder

22. benblo

benblo

23. nikemerlino

nikemerlino

In the french store you can read the english description under the italian description. The game itself is in italian and english.

24. championsoftware

championsoftware

Rock Skipper 3D now available.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=302328462&mt=8

This is the first game I've ever made, it took about a week thanks to Unity. Thanks to all of you for posting on the forms it made the learning curve for Unity a whole lot less steep. I've only been a member of the community for about 2 weeks, but I hope to contribute in the future.

25. grant-adam

grant-adam

Attached Files:

26. jeffcraighead

jeffcraighead

Well I guess I won't be doing my rock skipping game then... glad I didn't start it. Good luck on that, downloading it now.

27. championsoftware

championsoftware

Thanks, and sorry about that Jeff. I know how much it sucks to have an idea but not get around to it in time to beat the competition. Hey you could always make one that's better...but please don't :D

28. User340

User340

29. Ryuuguu

Ryuuguu

30. nomand

nomand

Year of the Ox

Website, screenshots, gameplay video

iTunes appstore link

*Celebrate Chinese New Year with 'Year of the Ox'
    *Extremely fast, Arcade style, action-based gameplay
    *Besides the main game, the application also includes FIREWORKS SIMULATION to get you into that festive mood
    *Hyper-realistic and beautifully rendered fireworks effects that you won't believe capable of running on a mobile device.

31. yangmeng

yangmeng

Neat idea. May I ask how many drawcalls and tris you end up with when all those rats are running around? There seem to be about thirty of them on screen at some points but the game appears to be running smoothly.

32. nomand

nomand

thanks! :D

there are about 100 rats on the screen at once,

during the game theres about 15-16 draw calls, fireworks about 15-20. When you're not in the game and not shooting any fireworks (the menu basically) then theres about 12 draw calls
    3.8k tri's during the game.

33. Brady

Brady

Okay, I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have several questions for you on Year of the Ox, so if you wouldn't mind, I've started this thread over here:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=18104

Awesome work, nomand!

34. grobm

grobm

Attached Files:

35. invaders

invaders

Coming Soon: Flight Stunts (Preview Video)

Flight Stunts is a 3D aerial action game. Fly the motion-controlled planes by turning your iPhone or iPod Touch, as you take to the skies to complete the missions. This action packed 3D-game lets you fly four different aircrafts in five locations. A Boeing 747, an Airbus A319, a Hercules C130 and a Lockheed-Martin F16. Your goal is to complete all the levels as fast as possible, without crashing

Players need to accomplish twenty tasks in five challenging missions. These missions include:

- Manoeuvring an Airbus A319 under the Golden Gate bridge in San Fransisco
    - Dropping a paratrooper in the Olympic Stadium of Bejing
    - A dog fight over the Atlantic Ocean against Apache helicopters and an aircraft carrier
    - Performing a flyaround at New York's JFK airport control tower
    - Fighting against enemy MIGs in a virtual air combat over Moscow
    - and much, much more...

Submitted to Apple, now waiting for approval
    http://www.makayama.com/flightstunts.html

36. grobm

grobm

Nice graphics! I would love to see that level of graphics on the iphone.

37. Rocky

Rocky

38. col000r

col000r

well, we asked for it. "3Dworld" - someone named "Lou Montilla" just started selling the Warehouse demo as it ships with unity iphone for $0.99 - limited introductory price - I better buy it NOW! ;)

Not trying to get the discussion started again, just saying UT should have released this for free in the first place...

39. seon

seon

Yes, but it is an advertisement for Unity! Read the description.

This pretty much cuts off other people from using this demo scene in their App without looking like a cheat.

40. Lka

Lka

41. invaders

invaders

Now Available: Flight Stunts (iTunes link)

Flight Stunts is a 3D aerial action game. Fly the motion-controlled planes by turning your iPhone or iPod Touch, as you take to the skies to complete the missions. This action packed 3D-game lets you fly four different aircrafts in five locations. A Boeing 747, an Airbus A319, a Hercules C130 and a Lockheed-Martin F16.

http://www.makayama.com/flightstunts.html

42. texazzpete

texazzpete

@invaders
    Here's a quick 'review' from displeased purchasers on toucharcade

'sadlyly as great a tool as Unity is, it enables Apps to be made so quickly that quality can suffer greatly. This is not the tools fault but rather the developers. The ease of use makes Shovel-ware a real issue.'

'the game is simply orrible. :-('

'This game totally suck, the dev have badly used unity, you can't save, the image on the first post are fake, the game is ugly and the water is not like on the pic, the plane is controled like a car, ......... ;(

Bad game, very bad'

'This game is thrash. It doesn't even save you progress and it is also ugly. The background and buildings look like stati
    c pictures.'

I wish you guys could get it into your heads that consumers don't care if you're using the warehouse scene or whatnot. All we want is a quality title, and so far hardly any of you is providing that.

many of us were excited by the promise of Unity for the iPhone, but so far all we have is crapware. Stop fixating on who's using what assets and put some effort into making decent apps.

43. Causality

Causality

Says texazzpete.

While I can agree with the general sentiment about the need to raise the bar in terms of quality with games in the app store (not just Unity ones), do you really think a post like that in this thread is going to help?

Maybe start a different thread (i.e. don't clog this one up) and give people some genuine quality feedback on their games that they can use. And perhaps read up on a little psychology or some motivational techniques because telling people flat out their work is crap and they should put some effort in won't really work.

44. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

45. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Rad, Stairway is released!? <runs off to store>

46. frozenpepper

frozenpepper

47. wh00kah

wh00kah

Congratulations to Kinelco for being featured in the New and Noteworthy front page of the App Store! And, now you're Top 100 in Games!

That's gotta be a feather in Unity3d for iPhone cap!

48. simonre

simonre

Attached Files:

49. kinl

kinl

50. seon

seon