Search Unity

Unity iOS and Android Basic licenses FREE until April 8th

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DanielQuick, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_motionblur

the_motionblur

Damnit! I also missed out completely.
    If someone has an iOS and/or Android they don't need.

Pretty please?

2. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

It is not possible to transfer these licenses. The licenses needed to be activated before April 8th. If this wasn't the case people might have gotten it into their heads that they could register multiple free licenses and then try to sell them after the offer had expired.

3. jgdeschamps

jgdeschamps

Hi Antenna,
    I have a question about this... I requested and received a free iOS Basic license on March 10th, but due to work related traveling and lack of time, I installed Unity 3.5.1 until yesterday. I'm on OS X Lion and I had problems at first, since the internet activation wasn't working. I switched from Safari to Chrome as the default browser and the activation process worked, and now Unity shows me it has the Unity iPhone license active.

Today I read a few posts back from this thread that if I had the Pro trial active, and then added the iOS license, as soon as the Pro trial finishes, my iOS Basic would go away with it... now, JUST TO BE SURE... I did NOT use Unity 3.5.1 and then registered the iOS license. When I had the registration problems, I would just cancel the whole process and start all over until it worked with the Chrome browser. There's no way I'm in the Pro trial situation going away with my iOS license at the end of the 30 day period, right?

Thanks for your time...

EDIT: I have noticed that my interface is still a light grey color and not a dark shade as the Pro License sports, so this means I don't have the Pro trial, right? Sorry if I sound paranoid, but this is an extremely great opportunity that I don't want to miss...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  4. gecko

gecko

I downloaded the Android Basic license during this free offer, and my account (online) still shows that I have that license. However, in Unity itself (3.5.2f), when I choose the Android build setting, it says I must purchase a license. How do I get Unity to recognize my license?

(I sent this question to support@unity3d.com last week, but have not gotten a reply, so hoping for some help here.)

5. UnknownProfile

UnknownProfile

Are you sure you're using the license you got from the free offer? Register Unity again using the serial number for the license with Android.

6. samyip88888

samyip88888

Is this offer likely to come back again in the near future?

7. Dreamora

Dreamora

nobody will know, but I would doubt it

8. gecko

gecko

Thanks, rab236. That indeed was all I needed to do.

9. imRobert

imRobert

[snip snip snip]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  10. U7Games

U7Games

ahhhh,, i´m late... :(

very late..

11. SevenBits

SevenBits

You are a necrobumper.

12. mada

mada

You are captain obvious.

13. Starsman Games

Starsman Games

You are lieutenant obvious.

*was unable to resist pointing out the irony even if it turns me into... henchman obvious?* :p

14. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

I just went to the store link...I don't see Unity for 'Droid or iOS for free. I see them as being $400 for an indie license. Am I missing something?

EDIT: I was successfully trolled by the appearance of this thread. Thank you, Mr. Anonymous Thread Necromancer.

15. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

I'll close this topic then...April 8 is long gone, so nothing relevant can be added now.

--Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.