Search Unity

Unity - Invisible Object Causing Player to stand as if on the ground

Discussion in '2D' started by JohnOkleberry, Jun 25, 2019.

?

Re-Check Colliders

1. Move on and paint the broken area into the wall

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Revisit the tile map possibility

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JohnOkleberry

JohnOkleberry

Weird Floating on Nothing Issue.jpg Weird Floating Issue (2).jpg I created a new area in my 2D platformer today. This part of the level essentially is a pit below an area which has been normally walkable without issue for at least a week or two. I was sprucing up the area with background images in tilemap and tried walking into the pit again. At several place I found myself walking or jumping onto something that wasn't there.

This screenshot is of one of the symptoms, where it appears that there is a ground that is about 1 tile square above the actual floor. My animations appear to think that I am grounded so that I transition from a jumping, to a walking, animation yet the logic that allows me to jump isn't detecting anything that I can stand on to jump. This screenshot shows that I am on something flat which runs between both spike walls. Immediately above this spot there are two sloped items of the same issue. Something invisible that I can walk on but not jump from. I added a second screenshot of the above item (the one occurring higher vertically) because it behaves similarly but the animation is still showing as a jump (not always).

I have double / triple-checked and there are no colliders there. As the first image shows, I have gone through every layer of the tilemap and deleted all tiles in the area with no change in the issue. I have no idea what I could be floating on. Does anyone have suggestions for what else to check?

P.S. Here is a picture with a green outline where the floor is for context.
    Weird Floating Issue (3).jpg

Sorry if there is no commenting, I had no desire to make this a poll but Unity forum didn't appear to have an option for me that wasn't a poll...

Attached Files: