Search Unity

Bug Unity interstitial ads sometimes work in editor and not work at all in build

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Marvat, Feb 16, 2023.

1. Marvat

Marvat

hi I am losing my mind while trying to add the ads to my mobile game... the rewarded one works fine, but others just dont sometimes and when I think it is ready the ads in build dont work.

2. Unity-Boon

Unity-Boon

Unity Technologies

Interstitial and rewarded videos should work quite similarly. You should test it on an actual device to ensure it works properly.

If you still have any problems, please DM me your device logs, and we can look into it.

3. Marvat

Marvat

Hi while waiting I was adding some features to my game that is not related at all with the ads and the ads game objects, but for some reason the rewarded ads also did not work, so I remove all ads scripts from the project and tryed again but only with the interstitial ads.
    It works when I edit any script and play test one time, even if is a script not reletaded, but when I play for a second time it does not work with the same error I had before: imagem_2023-02-17_070642611.png
    when I click the error it goes to a placeholder script that I never saw before and I cant edit.
    Also it worked in some builds but is really random if the build will have ads or not.

I'm testing the build on a simulator as I don't have an android device, but my friends have tested it and they got the same results as me

I will try to do a new project to see if its work

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
  4. Marvat

Marvat

I made a new project with the same things as the original and... its works fine, so I will work with this new project.

Unity-Boon likes this.