Search Unity

Unity Instantly crashes when Importing vehicles asset.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by TheUnknown7, Jun 15, 2019.

1. TheUnknown7

TheUnknown7

I have installed Unity since a bit long by now. But one thing that annoys me is that Unity always crashes whenever I try to import the Vehicles standard asset by Unity. After importing, unity crashes and my project can't be opened any longer because that package is now in the project and it keeps crashing Unity. I have tried to contact Unity Team but they say that you have to either update to newer version or choose LTS version but I can't do anything because i have 32 bit windows.....
    Your help will be appreciated!

2. TheUnknown7

TheUnknown7

I have now downloaded a new Third Person Basic Locomotion asset but when importing Unity still crashes. I have then read a crash log file which is created after Unity crashes. It says that the "Unity.exe has created an Access Violation Problem". Then I tried to delete some useless files from it. Then when I was just wandering around the imported asset using Windows explorer and then I noticed that two textures didn't had the ".meta" file. So I deleted both of those textures and when I tried to run Unity it worked! But the asset was already half as I deleted the files.
    ~Any solution to this problem will be helpful to me!

3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

You need to be more specific with your issue. "Access Violation Problem" doesn't say much. The log will have more information than that.

There are no 32 bit versions of the Unity editor that are actively supported by Unity anymore, so if the issue is a bug in Unity it will not be fixed for your version.

Unity 32 bit though did have a tendency to run out of memory, because 32 bit address space is very limited. I wouldn't be surprised if your problem was memory related. The fix of course is to go 64 bit, since that is the whole point of the switch to 64 bit anyways.

4. TheUnknown7

TheUnknown7

Oh! Ok i have uploaded the log file! If it's a memory problem, I have also got a Unity crash just recently. When I was just running my game preview, I also wanted to see the scene at the same time. I quickly moved the scene around, opened Asset Store and when I went back to game window Unity crashed. I think it's the same problem. But what about when I deleted some useless folders from the asset, Unity was successfully loading it. BTW thanks for reply. I will look out to update to 64-bit and use latest Unity version!

Attached Files: