Search Unity

Bug Unity Inspector bugged when it requires scrolling

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by animmaltech, Dec 5, 2020.

1. animmaltech

animmaltech

Hello,
    Window 10, Unity: 2019.4.15.f1

In a specific project inspector suddenly broke and whenever I have enough components for the inspector window to require scrolling, the layout gets all messed up.

I have not added or modified any scripts. And the inspector just stopped working. Or in other words it between it working and not working, no script was added or modified.
    It works in other projects opened with the same unity version.

No specific component breaks it, I tried a combination of random components and it breaks all the time.
    I get no errors in the console.

I tried restarting PC and Unity, and it didn't help.
    I tried restoring the window layout to default.

What else could I try to fix this?

Thanks

Power_Doge likes this.
  2. Hi-Bou

Hi-Bou

3. Vueltero

Vueltero

idk what caused it, it started happening to me a couple of days ago, I finally managed to fix it by:

1) Closing Unity
    2) Back up the "Library" folder inside your project
    3) Delete it
    4) Load your project and wait for it to generate the folder again
    4.2) It'll show a lot of nullException errors in the console and the scene and game windows will apear empty, don't worry
    5) Close Unity
    6) Paste the backed up Library folder inside your project and replace everything when it asks
    7) Load your project again, and everything will be fixed, no errors, all the windows normal again, and the inspector has a scrool bar again!, everything is fixed.

Hope this helps someone that sees this in the future, I had been very annoyed with this bug.

Power_Doge likes this.
  4. Alpha-Dragon-X

Alpha-Dragon-X

This is still a problem. The fix posted above does not work. Any other solutions would be welcome. -_-

5. dasraiser

dasraiser

i just click off the object and reselect it, seems good for a time, i just rinse repeat if it happens again :/