Search Unity

Unity Initialize Menu

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ForeverFlat, Oct 19, 2020.

1. ForeverFlat

ForeverFlat

Hello Guys,

I need some help with this error I am having. Whenever I try to open up my project it gets stuck on trying to "Initialize Menu". This bug appeared after I tried to fix another error I had which was the "Load Layout Window Error"

Link to the error i had and how I fixed it:

As soon as i fixed this error right after it, it crashed on me and then this error keeps appearing now and i can't find anything on protentional fixes for this.

If anybody could help me out it would be great as this project is for University and i don't really wanna start from scratch again. Thanks.

upload_2020-10-19_0-51-46.png
    \

2. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

First thing's first, this should be in "Editor and General Support". This is "General Discussion" which is specifically not a support area.

I'm not entirely clear... which error is appearing now? The screenshot in your post isn't of an error.

If it's getting stuck on load:
    - How long have you waited? Are you sure it's stuck? Your screenshot shows 1:24, which isn't long enough for me to think "stuck".
    - Have you tried deleting the "Library" folder? That's a common fix to loads of Unity issues. (Note: Make a backup copy of your entire project before deleting anything.)
    - Are you 100% certain that all of your scripts compile without errors?
    - If you have any Editor scripts, are you 100% certain that none of them do anything which could halt the Editor? Eg: get into an infinite loop, or wait for something that never happens?

Grigori_p likes this.
  3. enabrintain_

enabrintain_

Its happening for me too, with a brand new, empty 2d project. I can't get any errors. The log just has a list of packages that were pulled in as part of the project creation.

4. Paradox-Art

Paradox-Art

I had this problem too, idk why, but here's what i did to solve it:
    - Erase library.
    - Run unity (fail)
    - Uninstall unity and unity hub
    - Run unity (fail)
    - Make all MAJ of unity
    -Run unity (fail)
    - Stop my antivirus and my cloud
    - Run unity (fail)
    - Restart my computer and Stop my antivirus and my cloud.
    - Run unity (sucess)
    Hope it can help ^^'

(I had unity 2021.3.8 at the start and i switched to unity 2021.3.9 at the MAJ step)

5. Henry_Xie

Henry_Xie

had this problem too.
    I tried erase Library, clone a new project from git, change a unity version(2020.3.32, 2020.3.38), clean unity local buffer, didn't work.
    My finally solution is write a error on purpose, then unity will ask me to enter safe mode, use the safe mode entry and fix the error, everything looks fine then.