Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bug Unity In-Editor Game Player Running Extremely Slowly

Discussion in 'Linux' started by RussellReich, Apr 6, 2023.

1. RussellReich

RussellReich

I'm just starting out trying to learn Unity and am running editor version 2022.2.13f1 on Ubuntu 22.10 with an Nvidia GTX 1070, with the proprietary drivers installed. I am currently trying to run this: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/tutorials/adventure-sample-game-76216 example project. The problem I am running into is that if I hit the 'play' button to run the game inside the editor, it runs at about 3FPS. However, if I build the project and run the compiled executable, it runs just fine with a high framerate. I'd expect the game to run a bit slower in editor, but surely 3FPS with a 1070 on a tutorial project suggests something is wrong, right? I've tried searching for solutions but most people who have seemed to have similar problems dont seem to ever come to any conclusion on how to solve it.