Search Unity

Unity ID two factor auth not working

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by LaneFox, Jul 30, 2018.

1. LaneFox

LaneFox

I can no longer log into the Asset Store or any Unity ID-linked accounts because it prompts for 2FA (which I don't remember activating) and it never sends me any message. I managed to check that the number on my account was correct but it still doesn't ever send me an auth code when I prompt it.

I suppose if I ever logged out of the forums I would never be able to log back in. I looked for a support email just out of curiosity and couldn't even find an official generic support email listed anywhere. I know support@unity3d.com (or something) exists but why isn't it visible anywhere? There's no clear path to getting actual support other than the forum.

Ximo-Catala likes this.
  2. Buhlaine

Buhlaine

Community Manager

Hey @LaneFox!

We're currently aware of 2FA issues with users Unity accounts and we're working to address them asap.

Regarding support, it's currently listed under the Learn header, Learn > Knowledgebase or Support. Those pages have links to all of the community hubs and official support we offer.

Ximo-Catala and LaneFox like this.
  3. Gomisan

Gomisan

What do we do in the meantime?

4. Buhlaine

Buhlaine

Community Manager

In the meantime, you can reach out to our support team to remove 2FA until the service is back up again.

Get in touch with them here.

5. LaneFox

LaneFox

Looks like it is working now.

6. youssefmostafa200895

youssefmostafa200895

still not working for me, it shows a blank white screen and doesn't load

7. glacuesta

glacuesta

I am experiencing the same issue. When I was trying to log in yesterday it was asking for my 2FA code or recovery code -- but I never activated those (to my knowledge) and never had to use 2FA when logging in. It just started happening out of the blue. Strangely, I'm still logged into these forums, probably from my previous sessions, but trying to access my Unity ID settings will prompt another 2FA check. I have already raised a ticket but it is saying to expect a response in 19 days. Support ticket 1243919 -- would you be able to help look into this?

8. mashiat38

mashiat38

I am having the exact same issue. Cannot login or change any details. It says it sent me a code for verification but there is no code received on my phone. Also it says "is invalid" on top