Search Unity

Unity ID - Link a third-party app analytics provider and Google Ads

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by clrmuthoni, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clrmuthoni

clrmuthoni

What should I enter as the provider’s ID to link Unity Analytics and Google Ads Account?

Context: I want to set conversion based app events set up within Unity Analytics

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/COLOR]

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Can you share a screenshot of where you are being prompted for this information?

3. clrmuthoni

clrmuthoni

Thank you Jeff. See attached.

Attached Files:

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

These do not look like Unity web pages, what website are you on? We don't provide Unity Analytics as a pluggable service.

5. clrmuthoni

clrmuthoni

Hi, this is on Google Ads. As indicated above, I want to link Google ads and Unity Analytics to track conversion of events defined in Unity. Is this what you say can't be done?

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

That is correct. Are you using Google Ads in your game? Can you elaborate what you mean by conversion? Generally conversion means an impression followed by a click through that leads to an actual purchase (converted to a customer). If your game displayed a Coca-Coca ad for example, how would you know if they bought some? You can track Unity Ads in the Unity Dashboard. There is more information on Unity Ads here https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/unity/integration-guide-unity

7. clrmuthoni

clrmuthoni

Yes I am using Google Ads. By conversion, I mean the users who get the app from seeing a Google Ad. We currently rate performance based on installations and want to change this to an event inside the application, events are defined in Unity. The aim is to change from tracking installations to tracking an event inside the app, like first level completed.

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Where do they see the Google Ad? Unless the ad is shown within a Unity app, we would not track it. We don't provide referrer or conversion tracking as you suggest. You can certainly track first level completed within your game using Unity Analytics, but we don't track where the game was installed from, only the OS version (Android users vs iOS users, for example)

9. Techbotix

Techbotix

Hi Jeff,

Let me clarify this, I have a same concern. Is it possible to do re-targeting on via google ads by using post-install event analytics e.g If i want to target highest paying user. Can these two be integrated on the server side?

10. Techbotix

Techbotix

**Post-event unity analytics.

11. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You are free to try on your server, this would not be a service that we would consider at this time. You might try sending a Custom Event with the information that you need, and then download your raw event data using Raw Data Export (a Unity Pro-only license feature) https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityAnalyticsCustomEvents.html and https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityAnalyticsRawDataExport.html

12. ArtaxGames

ArtaxGames

Hi Jeff,
    We have the same concern here. I think it would be useful if you could consider implementing this feature. Otherwise most developers need to implement an additional analytics provider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.