Search Unity

Feedback Unity ID and Unity Hub login problem since 2 weeks ago

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by bitinn, Jun 22, 2020.

1. bitinn

bitinn

Hi folks,

I don't know where to report this, mods, please move it to appropriate forum if you can.

For reasons I absolutely do not understand, I have not been able to login to my Unity account at id.unity.com or Unity Hub, which means I am lock out of Asset Store and Unity Hub license management.

But as you can see, Forum works fine for me, and Unity Hub which I have already logged in, can refresh its License too.

It's just that I can't login a new session using my workplace network, or whatever VPN I choose to use.

Is it an IP ban? Where do I report this issue? As I don't think it's Unity Hub specific.

And I can't launch my Unity without a valid license, please help.

Thx in advance,
    David

2. bitinn

bitinn

Important Info:

I am based in China, and yes, I know tons of websites that block Chinese IP, and not to mention government here blocks a lot more websites.

But in this specific cases, I think Unity ID system is doing some tricks where it enforce Chinese Users to use Chinese Version of Unity ID, probably due to local regulations.

I have no proof of course.

But my account must have been created before this changes. I would like to get the ability to login from whatever VPN or workplace network we had, because it's how we work.

The way Unity ID works now, literally requires me to use a 4G network from local ISP in order to login. That's overdoing account protection, it affects real users from logging properly.

And this is the error message I saw:

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 11.40.18 AM.png

Thx,
    David

3. bitinn

bitinn

Seriously, who should I contact?