Search Unity

Unity [Unity Icon Collective] Buried Memories: Yggdrasil & Serekh

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewAssetStore, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Salvatore_Unity

Salvatore_Unity

Asset Store Content Manager Unity Technologies

Hey @luyang1123
    You will need to delete the package on your drive and then redownload the package from the Asset Store. When you receive a "couldn't decompress package" error, it is usually due to a download problem.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,
    Salvatore

2. luyang1123

luyang1123

Yes, tried many times delete file and download again , same... maybe because I'm in China? fire wall ??? tried proxy the same .... can I get the file via email ? google drive ?

3. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately we can't deliver it in another method. Let me ask our team members in china if they have any suggestions.

4. pccross

pccross

Noticed asset description indicates this doesn't work in 2019.1, but will at some point in near future. Any estimate on when that support will be added? Holding off on buying until can verify that timeline.

5. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

No estimate at this point, sorry!

6. NvrDn

NvrDn

It does work just fine on 2019.1.7f. Only HDRP bug when compiled is still present, since 2018.

7. lloydhuang

lloydhuang

hey ,i want to use the Serekh in the AR APP, but i dont need the environment, because thats to big and too expensive, it is possible to separate them and drop the price?

8. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

Hi, no plans for that at the moment.

9. lloydhuang

lloydhuang

hello, when i import Buried Memories Volume 2 Serekh to unity 2018.3.4,windows 10, error reports:
    Failed to import package with error: Couldn't decompress package
    UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:projectWindowDrag()
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)"

i m in China also.

i tried to copy the package to other drives / re-download again. all gave this error. how to solve this?(the package is about 5.5G )

add-----------
    ohh...i understand something now...after trying 3 times to download this asset, spent me 7 hours, i know this:
    my C drive has 25G free space, when download this asset, the tmp file will be 8G, but very strange, the free space is only 8G left! (it should be 17G free space left, but actually only 8G left, i dont know where the space gone).and then , when unity start to decrypt the file from .tmp to .unitypackage, it dosent have enough space, C drive free space left 0MB. but still, it will generate a .unitypackage file (about 4.5G ). but this file is an "unfinished unitypackage" file, hence it is not able to decompress. and, when i delete this tmp file (8G)and the unfinished unitypackage(4.5G), which totally 12.5G, the C drive free space return to 25G. very strange. why is the free space being double used?

and one more strange thing is, when my C drive has 15G free space, after download this asset, unity generated a 5.5G unfinished unitypackage. but when I clear my C drive and got 25G free space, and download again, unity generated a 4.5G unfinished unitypackage. which means, less free space generated bigger unfinished file, more space generated smaller unfinished file. very strange, hum?. please know that, during these period, i didnt do anything else.

hence, i got a result for now: in order to download this asset, I might need about 40-50G free space on C drive. but I have clean up everything I can on C drive, there is no more free space. So I dont know how to solve this at all.

add 07-11-----
    finally i make it work now....
    the reason why it cant decompress is lack of free space, and unity generated a unfinished .unitypackage file. Hence I specified another path for the unity download:
    1. "move" the folder C:\Users\WYSE\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x to a large free space drive, such as F:\Asset Store-5.x
    2.run CMD and paste this command:
    mklink /j "C:\Users\WYSE\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x" "F:\Asset Store-5.x"

* this command will generate a hyperlink to the the download folder, unity will download to F:\Asset Store-5.x
    * replace the WYSE to your own user name.

my email: 1966256295@qq.com

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019