Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity IAP without Analytics for kids games?

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by coshea, Jun 3, 2019.

1. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, you will want to disable the services at runtime, it works.

korimako likes this.
  2. coshea

coshea

I have turned off everything in the services tab and deleted any analytics code from my apps now. They've gone through approval fine.

3. Baroni

Baroni

It does not seem like the unified Unity IAP 3.0.0 package requires the "In App Purchasing" and "Analytics" sections in the services tab to be enabled anymore. At least in my tests (on Standalone), purchases worked fine without enabling anything in the services tab.

4. korimako

korimako

upload_2021-4-4_9-57-24.png

I don't see it. How do you use IAP without using services?

Thanks!

5. Baroni

Baroni

@korimako On your screenshot in the middle, there is a barely visible, greyed out "OFF" displayed for In-App Purchasing Settings. So I guess you did not enable the IAP Services ;) You obviously still need the Package Manager files (right side in you screenshot) for Unity IAP to work.

korimako likes this.
  6. korimako

korimako

Yes I saw the OFF, and worked out the awesome Unity UI with reverse calls to action - LOL. But what I probably should have highlighted was this:

upload_2021-4-5_4-19-17.png

As far as I can tell you still have to manually switch off analytics at runtime. Am I still missing something?

How did you enable IAP without the services tab? Is this a legit route?

7. Baroni

Baroni

That's the thing, I did not "enable" Unity IAP. Which means that Analytics does not need to be enabled either. I just imported the Unity IAP files from the Package Manager and purchases still worked fine.

It seems that the Unity IAP tab under services is only required if you want to send receipt data to Unity Analytics.

8. dmitry-K

dmitry-K

Hi. How did you did this??

9. ap0uche

ap0uche

Our app is in exactly the same scenario (<13 with IAP). We had rejections in the past for using analytics (before IAP), can you confirm that it is possible to use Unity IAP without analytics ? Will this be accepted by Apple ? What are the steps to to fully disable unity analytics ? Thanks

konsti1994 likes this.
  10. JeffTheCampbell

JeffTheCampbell

What steps are still necessary for ensuring analytics are disabled when using Unity IAP so that the App Store does not reject an app?

11. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You would want to ensure that legacy Analytics is removed from the project ("Analytics Library" in Package Manager) and consider calling this method https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...csService_SetAnalyticsEnabled_System_Boolean_ To verify that nothing is being sent, use Charles Proxy https://support.unity.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002917683-Using-Charles-Proxy-with-Unity

12. FabioTB

FabioTB

Hello there, I've been following the thread here and other posts. It is now a bit unclear how to achieve this, so to clarify, the recommended approach for removing Analytics while having Unity IAP (we are trying to remain compliant with GDPR and COPPA) would be:

Code (CSharp):
    1. [RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod(RuntimeInitializeLoadType.BeforeSceneLoad)]
    2.     static void DisableAnalytics()
    3.     {
    4.         Analytics.initializeOnStartup = false;
    5.         Analytics.enabled = false;
    6.         Analytics.limitUserTracking = true;
    7.         Analytics.deviceStatsEnabled = false;
    8.         PerformanceReporting.enabled = false;
    9.         AnalyticsService.Instance.SetAnalyticsEnabled(false);
    10.     }

Last edited: May 9, 2023
  13. Yannick_D

Yannick_D

Unity Technologies

Hello FabioTB,
    Since IAP 4.7.0, Analytics is no longer a dependency.
    Just make sure the Analytics package isn't installed (remove it if it's there) and that the Legacy Analytics is off (if you had an existing project that previously used it) and you should be good!

FabioTB likes this.
  14. FabioTB

FabioTB

Thanks, Yannick_D! I'll let the team know. We are using something similar to the sample above in the meantime.

15. akingdom

akingdom

For anyone still needing the script...
    https://gist.github.com/akingdom/bc9dba0d61e6a60546a877c4ac81c16f