Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Unity IAP verified revenue different from Google Play IAP revenue

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by spacepluk, Oct 2, 2019.

1. spacepluk

spacepluk

Hi there,
    We just released a game on open beta a week ago. And taking a look at the numbers, the figures I'm seeing in Unity Analytics never match what I'm getting from Google. There's only 1 refund so far so it's not that. We are using the CrossPlatformValidator which helps getting rid of a lot of noise, and I'm assuming there's some server-side receipt validation as well on Unity Analytics.

Is this to be expected or am I missing something?
    Thanks!

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Discrepancies would not be expected. Are you seeing more or less revenue? Probably best to open a support ticket so we can view your configuration. Please provide your IAP script when you open the ticket, and provide your Unity ProjectID/UPID. It's typically best to focus on a specific day, so please provide a detailed sales report from Google showing product sales by product per day.

spacepluk likes this.
  3. spacepluk

spacepluk

Are the test purchases included in the "Verified revenue" metrics? That might explain the differences I'm seeing.

4. spacepluk

spacepluk

Woops! I answered before you finished editing. I'm seeing more revenue in Unity than in Google Play. Should I open the ticket then? Thanks for your help!

5. spacepluk

spacepluk

Ok, I opened ticket 723304.
    Thanks!

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Yes, you are seeing unverified revenue on the Dashboard in addition to valid purchases, there isn't a bullet proof way to eliminate fraudulent purchases. Your verified revenue numbers should line up more.

unityunity