Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity IAP - UWP not initialized.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by elliotjb, Mar 18, 2019.

1. elliotjb

elliotjb

Moved to: https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-iap-uwp-not-initialized.646492/

We are developing an application with Unity (v2018.2.2f1) and we are integrating In-App Purchases through the Unity Plugin (v2.0.6).
    We have adapted the "Purchaser" script found in the Unity tutorial (link: https://unity3d.com/en/learn/tutorials/topics/ads-analytics/integrating-unity-iap-your-game)
    Through the Microsoft Partner Center, we have published a trial version of the application and we have created the add-ons to be purchased within the app.
    Within this we have added the products with their respective id to link them correctly with the store.
    To test transactions, we have activated the "MockBillingSystem".
    We use IL2CPP as "Scripting Backend".

Within the Unity environment, the store works well, as it connects to the Unity Fake Store. The problem comes when we build a build and we want to connect directly with the Microsoft Store: the store module is not initialized.
    We have researched and found cases similar to ours, when working specifically with UWP, since it does work for us when we want to establish a connection with the Google Play Store.

Is there any specific configuration, within the Unity project or in the generated solution (.sln) that must be implemented in order to connect correctly with the Microsoft Store?

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  2. big_3

big_3

Same here.

It looks like Unity has discontinued support for UWP apps, at least for IAP. Don't expect a solution here.

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Not entirely correct. It is our understanding that when the Windows store is properly configured, IAP "should" work. We are currently working to confirm, and I'm personally working to push this issue forward here. Currently, the initialization continuously polls, and never times out. I'm seeing the same thing, although my store is not completed yet. I will keep this thread updated.

4. big_3

big_3

That's cool. I'd be happy if there was a solution to this.