Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity IAP UserCancelled event, but not really cancelled

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Lisan, Aug 12, 2019 at 8:57 AM.

1. Lisan

Lisan

Hi,
    I have many events of Unity.PurchaseFailed with "UserCancelled" reason, whitch i thought was normal, cause it's sent if user pressed Buy button in my game, and after OS brings out modal system purchasing window just closes it, changing his mind about purchase. But, i begin to get complains from users who are unable to buy my game even when they wanted to. One of them sent me a video:
    https://yadi.sk/mail/?hash=2CCo3NOZDG4yb3s99Zp3OFohQxmHY3VNvPRulRKPdceAReIgdSSkSKq8Nru8Pcogq/J6bpmRyOJonT3VoXnDag==

It's in Russian, but behaviour understandable. After user taps "Buy now" button in modal system window, purchase does not proceeds further, but instead of this stays in this state (darken screen with activity indicator spinning) forever. Then he touch outside the window, and control returns to this window, after whitch the window is closed with Back button, and Unity.PurchaseFailed with "UserCancelled" returned. Unfortunatelly this user is not responding for now, and i can't get logs of this behaviour, but i begin thinking, that many of UserCancelled event in analitics actually not just player changes his mind, but user was unable to buy. Additional reason to think so is many users has many such events, not just one, so they had multiple attempts to buy, but in vain..
    Anyone experinced such thing? Anything can be done about it?
    Game is in Unity 2017.4.30, IAP 1.22.0, Android

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019 at 3:03 PM
  2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

3. Lisan

Lisan

Thanks, but i don't know what to say to Google support. That user said, that he don't have any purchasing problems with other GP applications, only with my game. Doesn't this fact makes this Unity problem? Or, at least, problem with combination of Unity+GP under some unknown conditions. So, hardly this can be solved with Google support.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Can you confirm if the affected users are all non-US?

5. Lisan

Lisan

So far i have only one user who confirmed having this exact issue, and he is non-US. I had some other "can't buy" complains before, but part of them didn't get in touch to clarify details, and some of them ended up as payment method issues. But after a had video from this user i wonder how many "UserCancelled" events in analytics can be related to this, and not to actual cancelling.