Search Unity

  1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity IAP stuck importing at FacebookStore.dll

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by SamTyurenkov, Nov 8, 2019.

  1. SamTyurenkov

    SamTyurenkov

    Joined:
    May 12, 2018
    Posts:
    9
    Hi there, I'm developing my first ever project alone and I tried to add Unity IAP, which opened an IAP installer with prompts to import 2 packages. First package was completed, and I started importing second one, when it got stuck at Facebook file.

    It just adds new iterations to that dialog window. 1 iteration per minute or so.
    I tried restarting Unity, but the dialog pops up even before project opening and continues that infinite loop.

    Please assist in troubleshooting.



    Can I just delete some folder in project to fix that?

    Thank you!
     
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  2. SamTyurenkov

    SamTyurenkov

    Joined:
    May 12, 2018
    Posts:
    9
    Yeah, well, removing Plugins and UDPInstaller folder allowed me to open the project.
     
  3. JeffDUnity3D

    JeffDUnity3D

    Unity Technologies

    Joined:
    May 2, 2017
    Posts:
    5,905
    If you delete the Plugins folder, IAP would not be expected to work. What version of Unity are you using? How did you add IAP, through the Asset panel or the Services window?
     
  4. SamTyurenkov

    SamTyurenkov

    Joined:
    May 12, 2018
    Posts:
    9
    Hi Jeff,

    Thanks for the follow up.

    I use 2019.2.11f1

    Yeah, I understand that deleting the plugin won't make it work, but at least I'm able to launch the project now.

    I tried both Services window and Asset store. It gets stuck on FacebookStore.Dll file. Also if I deselect it from import options, than I receive errors from package validator, didn't save the error text, but there were 4 errors pointing to Store Manager object in plugin folder.
     
  5. SamTyurenkov

    SamTyurenkov

    Joined:
    May 12, 2018
    Posts:
    9
    I replaced facebookstore.dll in /live/ folder with the same file that was in a parent directory and the import loop was solved.

    The project loaded, but it throwed following errors:



    If we forget about that file and look errors in other scripts, they are mostly related to variable declarations:

    E.g.:


    I suppose that Text and Button declarations are related to UnityEngine.UI, which for some reason is not available.

    So what would be the correct approach to declare them now?
     
  6. SamTyurenkov

    SamTyurenkov

    Joined:
    May 12, 2018
    Posts:
    9
    Besides that, an "update" button appeared in Asset Store page to the IAP. After clicking it, half of the errors dissappeared.

    And also a "reimport" button became available. Previously, it was stating "import".



    I can see that all the errors that are left are related to that UnityEngine.UI missing assembly reference. Trying to figure out how to add a solution from this thread:

    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...roduce-reference-errors-to-unityengine-dot-ui
     
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  7. SamTyurenkov

    SamTyurenkov

    Joined:
    May 12, 2018
    Posts:
    9
    It seems I got rid of all errors.

    I tried all suggestions from the thread above, including:
    -Deleting Packages/manifest.json
    -Deleting Library/ScriptAssemblies

    But what really seems to work it out is:
    -Deleting packages of UnityEngine.UI and dependecies from Window->Package manager and reimporting them
     
    JeffDUnity3D likes this.