Search Unity

Unity IAP - need some help

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Deleted User, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello all, guys. I'm studying Unity and now I'm trying to made some IAP in my game. It will be simple. It will be like some coins add. So, my question is - I added IAP plugin, then, I found simple (as I see) way to made IAP using https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityIAPCodelessIAP.html - IAP Button. So, I added it, made some products ID. Then in this IAP Button Component there is some fields - "On Purchase Complete" and "On Purchase Failed". So, as I think, if I want to add some "Gems" after purchase I need attach to field "On Purchase Complete" some script that do this? If yes, I made simple test script like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    3. public class IAPScript : MonoBehaviour
    4. {
    5.     public void GemsSmall()
    6.     {
    7.         int gems = PlayerPrefs.GetInt("Gems");
    8.         PlayerPrefs.SetInt("Gems", gems + 100);
    9.     }
    10. }
    So, after I pushed button, then pushed "Buy" - I got 100 gems. I would like to ask you - is it correct that I done? Please, give me some advices!

Thx for attention and sorry for my english :)

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Any help? :(

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You'll also want to test that it works correctly when the user reinstalls your game.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

You mean, that after user buy some coins and if he reinstall game, all playerprefs(coins) will deleted?

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Deleted User likes this.
  6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thank you, I understand what are you mean. Today I read some information about Google Play plugin that allow save some game progress in some cloud. Is it true? If yes, can I use it to solve problem, that you noticed upwards?

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Try it and see! And don't forget to test.

8. andymads

andymads

Isn't virtual currency usually a consumable so there's no need to restore?

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yes, I read the same. So, I have been thought about it, do I need to made cloud save? In one side, users who buy some consumables will lose it if they delete game... Is it possible? But, if think, user decide to delete game himself, so this problem is user's. But, if think from moral side, will better to made some cloud save to save it's progress, because it is insulting if you remove the game, and then lose all the progress ... you may need to remove the game to clean the memory or to get rid of any error ... But I'm worried about cloud save, it will be hard for me, because im only learning unity... So, what your's opinion about it?