Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity IAP iOS & Android Promo Codes

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by mgyanm, Oct 25, 2018.

1. mgyanm

mgyanm

I am trying to create promo code for in-app purchased.

For android, when i trying to redeem the code via Play Store, it suggest me to open the game and then the item is being received after restarting the app ( if the app is not restarted, the player didnt get the item that redeemed )

For Apple, i cannot get any receipt, nor the ProcessPurchase was being called after i redeemed the code via AppStore. Yet, if i try to buy ( using money, not redeem ) the in app item, the proccess purchase get the signal and processing the item purchased. I test it with game already running in background, and with game restarted after i redeem the code. So far, the processPurchase isnt being called.

Can anyone help me with this.
    Is Unity IAP support promo codes for iOS?

Thank you,
    Gyan

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Can you clarify your statements "the proccess purchase get the signal" followed by "processPurchase isnt being called". If you have received a promo code on the store, when you attempt to purchase the product via the standard credit card process, this promo should be recognized at that time. Is this not the case for you? This is my understanding how it should work, I'll check with the IAP team also.

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We are continuing to investigate.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  4. mgyanm

mgyanm

I mean that, in Android, when i input the redeem code on Google Play, and then after that i open my Game, the ProcessPurchase method in Unity IAP was automatically called, and the Unity IAP System detect that i just redeemed the IAP Item from within Play Store ( but i had to restart the game for this to work ). i know it works because it show debug.log with the redeemed IAP item as a message.

in iOS, after inputing the redeem code for IAP on App Store and opened the game, the Unity IAP System couldn't detect the redeemed item at all, even when i restarted the game.

Have you tested this yet?
    Thank you

Sorry for my bad english.

5. mgyanm

mgyanm

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@mgyanm Can you confirm that the user isn't charged when you initiate the purchase manually? We are checking to see if we should be expecting a callback from Apple at app launch

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Which moderators?

8. BenoitFreslon

BenoitFreslon

Hello, I'm also trying to fix promo code issue with a Consummable In-App Purchases in my game.

I'm using Unity Purchasing 4.4

When I enter the promo code in the AppStore App on my iPhone the purchase is never proceeded in the app.
    I tested the game in the background and launch the game after entered the promo code.

Do you have any tips?

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

So other in-game IAP purchases work ok, just not promo code purchases?

10. BenoitFreslon

BenoitFreslon

Yes all IAP work well.
    The only problem is the promo code purchases on consummable IAP. (like gold)

11. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Got it! Yes promo code support is on our road map for later this year, part of our Google Play Billing Library v4/v5 and StoreKit2 efforts.

12. BenoitFreslon

BenoitFreslon

13. novaVision

novaVision

@BenoitFreslon did it happen only on consumables? Does subscriotion works as expected?

14. BenoitFreslon

BenoitFreslon

I don't know. I think it's the same problem.

15. blackert

blackert

Is this working now? We're experiencing the same issue where redeemed promo code is not triggering in the iOS app.