Search Unity

Unity IAP in Unity 2017 LTS project

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by separatrix, Jun 18, 2021.

1. separatrix

separatrix

Hello. I have Unity IAP in two games that are both on 2017 LTS and IAPs just broke in both of them. There seems to be no recommended course of action I can find for updating Unity IAP for 2017 LTS as the package manager is not available and the old updating method is no longer supported. Is there no way to fix this without moving to a different Unity version?

Thanks.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You can try with the Asset Store version of IAP 2.2.8. Is there a reason you're not able to upgrade Unity?

3. separatrix

separatrix

The issue turned out to be unrelated to Unity IAP but isn't the whole point of using an LTS version that it is supported long term so that you don't have to upgrade? I have no idea if the games would be stable on newer versions and at least TextMeshPro components would have to be migrated.

Are you talking about the 2.2.8 version from this thread? https://forum.unity.com/threads/uni...s-obsolete-please-see-package-manager.527432/

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity 2017 is no longer supported, LTS versions don't have indefinite lifetime. Also, Google will require you to be using IAP 2.2.8 because it uses their updated Google Billing Library v3. You can safely ignore the obsolete message for the asset.