Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Closed] Unity IAP Exclusive Subscription Tiers

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Phedg1, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phedg1

Phedg1

I have read in some Google Play documentation that you can have exclusive IAP Subscription tiers, where if you upgrade or downgrade it will cancel your current subscription and start you off in the new subscription.

I would like to do this through Unity's IAP service and have it work on Apple devices as well as Android. I cannot find a way to cancel a current subscription through Unity's IAP documentation and I can't find a way to make the two subscriptions exclusive. Has anyone done this? Essentially I want:

Subscription Tier 1: A
    Subscription Tier 2: AB

There's no point paying for Tier 1 if you're a member of Tier 2. Also, if I was to sell a year long subscription for Tier 1, and a month long subscription for Tier 1, I don't want users accidentally paying twice over during that month. I want one to end and another to start. How can I do this?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Might you be able to provide the link to the documentation that you are referring to? I'll bring this up to the IAP team

3. Phedg1

Phedg1

4. Benvictus

Benvictus

@Phedg1

Just wanted to keep you updated...

I'm speaking with the IAP dev team in regards to Tier subscriptions. Hopefully, I'll be able to provide more info soon.

5. Benvictus

Benvictus

@Phedg1

Currently, subscription tiers are not something that IAP handles, however, we are looking into implementing it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.