Search Unity

Unity IAP buttons dont work once in app?

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Fyrebend, May 4, 2019.

1. Fyrebend

Fyrebend

I was able to get the IAP buttons working in the unity editor, with the fake store coming up and everything, but when i put it onto my google page with alpha testing, i cant use the button. It shows like a button and gives a little press visual feedback, but thats it. it doesnt prompt to purchase or anything.

Some things ive tried:
    - Make new google account and log out of my developer account. (this account is authorized to test)
    - Use the unity IAP catalog to generate a CSV file to import to google console, so i know i didnt mistype anything.

is there anything else im missing?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please provide the device logs.

3. Fyrebend

Fyrebend

I cut the beginning and end because the file was too large to upload. if i cut too much, please let me know and i will get a new one. also, the ID of the product is "coins_100"

Attached Files:

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

5. Fyrebend

Fyrebend

Looking at my project, i had ticked the auto initialized, and followed the steps for unity codeless IAP. Do you know why it wouldnt be working?

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please compare to the Sample IAP project.

7. Fyrebend

Fyrebend

I am trying to put together the codeless iap example but it will not compile, there are 68 errors like in the screenshot attached.

Attached Files:

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry, what do you mean "put together"? It's a single zip file, you unzip it, and open it directly in Unity. You of course need to link it to your own organization and enable IAP in the Services window, and go through the Upgrade process. The video in the first post shows the process for the scripted version on Windows, but the upgrade process is the same.

9. Fyrebend

Fyrebend

I meant put together as in unzip it and run it in unity. Do i need to link my organization before I can run it? The errors I showed are after I unzipped, accepted the unity upgrade, and pressed play once I opened the scene.

10. Fyrebend

Fyrebend

I realized the problem with the sample was that I forgot to import the iap package, like an idiot, but even then I couldn't get the buttons to do anything once running. I am attaching the device logs for the original project which had the same problem, but this time I made sure to include all the way from where unityIAP was mentioned.

Also, I read about the vrenabled() missing problem, and i saw that that was supposed to be fixed when the api updater runs, but I can't get the updater to run no matter what I do. I followed the instructions for reimporting the project, and even on new projects the updater never shows for me.

Attached Files:

11. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@Fyrebend As you can see in the logs, you are receiving the VRSettings error. One note, if you are using Unity 2019, you need to ensure that the Unity installation path does not have a space in it (like C:\Program Files\Unity). We are aware of the issue and working to resolve it.

12. Fyrebend

Fyrebend

that worked perfectly! thank you so much!