Search Unity

Feedback "Unity Hub" would like to record this computer's screen and audio.

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by carlosfritz, Apr 19, 2023.

1. carlosfritz

carlosfritz

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 07.08.18.png

This is not ok. MacOS Ventura 13.3.1. Unity Hub 3.4.2. All current.

marlondanielrodriguez likes this.
  2. mgear

mgear

3. t-ley

t-ley

I remember from a few years ago I had to kick them out of my camera settings on my pc somehow they had access to my camera not sure if they still do it

4. carlosfritz

carlosfritz

5. t-ley

t-ley

I never really looked to report it or post about it. my Unity is crashing today for some reason that’s why I’m here three times today wow
    Never seen that post before today hmmm, but
    I’d still check in camera settings if not no loss, it was my quick time player they had kept enabling not sure why ( just deny it I don’t think Unity is a hacking anybody’s computer they don’t take the admins place they leave that to u) I doubt Unity will hassle you if u just deny it (wow 2019 has it been that long I been under a rock) also was it an asset or some sort of screen shot script that wanted to enable it. anyway I denied it years ago and Unity didn’t care if it was denied
    But Tesla was just on the news for recording people and conversations with the car camera !

Last edited: Apr 19, 2023
  6. carlosfritz

carlosfritz

It created an entry in settings but it was disabled. I don't suspect malice, but people make mistakes. Developers and users. I just ask the devs to please be careful with these prompts.

marlondanielrodriguez and t-ley like this.