Search Unity

Unity Hub won't update

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Sun-Dog, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Sun-Dog

Sun-Dog

I had launched the hub and I get a notice that there is a new version and I need to restart the hub. I click restart and nothing happens other than the notice goes away. I have manually quit and relaunched the hub only to get the message again.

Other than uninstalling and reinstalling the Hub, what are we supposed to do to update it?

hubwontupdate.png

2. joeksy

joeksy

Unity Technologies

Hi @Sun-Dog ,
    By manually quit and relaunch the Hub, do you mean quitting Hub using tray application?
    Autoupdate should detect at each time application start, so you shouldn't require to redownload the Hub.

3. Sun-Dog

Sun-Dog

Ah - I was QUITTING and restarting, but not selecting RESTART AND UPDATE. So, a "Quit Unity Hub" from the tray doesn't update on restart for me.

I didn't look very closely and just quit, rather than using the "restart and update" option.

4. Reifus_Strip

Reifus_Strip

have you solved the problem? I ve this problem all the time and can not access to the cloud...for people who really want to invite me to collaborate...

5. Jon50

Jon50

I was having this problem too, what I did was click restart and right after open the Hub. In my case, whenever I clicked restart, the Hub would just close and nothing happend, but when you open it right after it closes, it updates.

6. prefix

prefix

I am now having this issue with 2.3.1
    All of the above attempts to fix, have not fixed this.
    upload_2020-11-27_11-18-4.png

Nothing happens after clicking restart. Hub shuts down, but that's it.

Nateeeeeeeeeee likes this.
  7. BenjiM_Unity

BenjiM_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @prefix, thanks for flagging. If you haven't already done so, could you kindly submit a bug report for us? https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting. This way the team can take a look at your log file. Alternatively, you can download the latest version from the website to reinstall.

8. Jon50

Jon50

Exactly what was happening to me, in my case, what I did was click Restart Now and immediately re-open the Hub.
    Probably a routine in the background that is still active and if you re-open the Hub quickly enough it doesn't end? ‍o_O