Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Hub Won't Open Projects

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by MW_Industries, Nov 5, 2019.

1. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

but, I can still run Unity manually. It's really weird. I don't know why I'm going through this issue but, I can't start Unity projects from the Hub, even when I deleted older versions of Unity off my computer. It also doesn't change if I'm connected to Wifi or not. Do I need a newer version of .NET or something? This is really weird. Unity Hub just stopped working for me out of nowhere. I don't know if it's because I deleted a lot of projects and then recreated them but, I'm working with DarkRift Networking so, in-order to test a few things, I had to delete a few files but, nothing from the program itself. Please help.

2. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hello @MW_Industries,

This is weird ! Check that you have the latest hub first (2.1.3 at the moment of writing this response). You may have deleted the projects manually (not through the hub) and now the hub can't find them. Check the paths of the projects if it's correct or send us your logs to investigate more.

3. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

I did delete them manually. And I do have the latest versions however, when I deleted the hub and redownloaded it and then, tried to open projects again, I couldn't. However, you're probably right because, I did change the file path but, it could also be because it's synced up with my OneDrive and that may be affecting the software from acting properly. I was building a DarkRift plugin recently and I was getting a NullPointerReference. I don't know how to refactor the Unity Hub to read my game files from somewhere else but, I guess for now, I'll have to make due with what I have.

EDIT/

Okay, so I changed where my files were located and updated the Hub and still no go. If I uninstall the Hub, I can still run Unity but, I won't be logged in, which creates problems because, I can't download from the asset store.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  4. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hi again,
    Try to delete your projects from the hub, click on the three dots at the right of each project row then :

Attached Files:

5. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Then add them to the list of your projects by locating them in their new location and try opening them... If it still didn't work please report a bug and we will look into the logs. Thank you !

6. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

I submitted a report. I really hope it's not my laptop. Idk if it's because the project I am trying to open has the same name of another project and maybe Unity is stopping me because they think of trying to hack them or what. But, I feel like it's one of those errors that can only be produced on my laptop.

7. friedrichschultze

friedrichschultze

I am having the same issue.
    I can create a new project, but when i close it and try to open again it simply won't respond to my clicking.
    I will try to delete the hub and install it again.
    Fingers crossed...