Search Unity

Unity Hub Won't Open Projects

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by MW_Industries, Nov 5, 2019.

1. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

but, I can still run Unity manually. It's really weird. I don't know why I'm going through this issue but, I can't start Unity projects from the Hub, even when I deleted older versions of Unity off my computer. It also doesn't change if I'm connected to Wifi or not. Do I need a newer version of .NET or something? This is really weird. Unity Hub just stopped working for me out of nowhere. I don't know if it's because I deleted a lot of projects and then recreated them but, I'm working with DarkRift Networking so, in-order to test a few things, I had to delete a few files but, nothing from the program itself. Please help.

2. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hello @MW_Industries,

This is weird ! Check that you have the latest hub first (2.1.3 at the moment of writing this response). You may have deleted the projects manually (not through the hub) and now the hub can't find them. Check the paths of the projects if it's correct or send us your logs to investigate more.

3. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

I did delete them manually. And I do have the latest versions however, when I deleted the hub and redownloaded it and then, tried to open projects again, I couldn't. However, you're probably right because, I did change the file path but, it could also be because it's synced up with my OneDrive and that may be affecting the software from acting properly. I was building a DarkRift plugin recently and I was getting a NullPointerReference. I don't know how to refactor the Unity Hub to read my game files from somewhere else but, I guess for now, I'll have to make due with what I have.

EDIT/

Okay, so I changed where my files were located and updated the Hub and still no go. If I uninstall the Hub, I can still run Unity but, I won't be logged in, which creates problems because, I can't download from the asset store.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  4. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hi again,
    Try to delete your projects from the hub, click on the three dots at the right of each project row then :

Attached Files:

5. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Then add them to the list of your projects by locating them in their new location and try opening them... If it still didn't work please report a bug and we will look into the logs. Thank you !

6. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

I submitted a report. I really hope it's not my laptop. Idk if it's because the project I am trying to open has the same name of another project and maybe Unity is stopping me because they think of trying to hack them or what. But, I feel like it's one of those errors that can only be produced on my laptop.

7. friedrichschultze

friedrichschultze

I am having the same issue.
    I can create a new project, but when i close it and try to open again it simply won't respond to my clicking.
    I will try to delete the hub and install it again.
    Fingers crossed...

8. iKazine

iKazine

Having similar if not the same issue. Unity Hub 2.1.3 on Linux (MX 19 / Debian 10). I am unable to open projects on a fresh hub but I can create fine. Both 2019.2.12f1 and 2018.4.12f1 are installed. Can't even add new projects to the page.

9. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

Just to let you guys know, I still haven't fixed this. I'm using Unity 2019, a later version. Not the most up to date one. I can still build my game pretty fine but, I come across a few errors.

10. TheWarper

TheWarper

Also getting this today after upgrading to the latest Unity Hub v2.2.1

I can create new projects but it can't open existing.

Fortunately, I'm able to bypass the hub by double clicking a scene via windows explorer and opening the project directly.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    MW_Industries likes this.
  11. xcube

xcube

I had the same problem after reinstalling the windows. The solution is simple. I just activated the Unity license and the projects started opening again.

12. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

Yeah, I did that, and still nothing.

13. Wacken

Wacken

Any Updates, I also have this problem (using Arch Linux), and can't start my scenes manually, because the Unity Application opens Unity Hub instead of a Project

14. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

Nothing has been done. The only thing I can tell you is, get another computer or learn to use Unity without the Unity Hub. If you download a version of Unity, you can use that to open the Editor.

15. usb420

usb420

i can't open anything from Hub. Can only open projects with standalone which means I cant use the asset store either.

unity_wFR_NKY5Vs9DsA likes this.
  16. unity_wFR_NKY5Vs9DsA

unity_wFR_NKY5Vs9DsA

17. BenjiM_Unity

BenjiM_Unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks for flagging everyone. If any of you haven't already done so, can you kindly submit a bug report for us? https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting. The team can then take a look at your log file in order to pinpoint the issue.

The logs are located here:
    Windows: %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/UnityHub/logs
    Linux: ~/.config/UnityHub/logs

18. science_is_everything

science_is_everything

can I report the bug here?
    because I can't open the unity editor at all!

19. science_is_everything

science_is_everything

I have the same problem but it started when I tried opening a unity project that I deleted its unity editor version
    and when I tried updating it nothing worked, I can't open the unity editor even from the explorer.
    I tried sending the logs but I can't do that in here and I can't access the report a bug button because its in the unity editor

20. Luxorens

Luxorens

I don't know what happened, but I opened up one of my projects, and it didn't work. Then I tried opening it again, but the Unity Hub told me that it was already opened. So I opened another project, and it worked. Try opening your project and another while it's open, because that worked for me.

21. science_is_everything

science_is_everything

NOPE, didn't work:(

22. minerbucketduo

minerbucketduo

Unity seems to still have this problem for me as well. Re-installing doesn't work, and even when I get into the unity hub when I try to launch a project it just crashes. This issue has been happening for supposedly a long time from looking through various forms on unity.

23. Techcrafter_JW

Techcrafter_JW

I'm encountering this issue too. I reinstalled Linux Mint 20.1 and wanted to add my existing projects to the Unity Hub.
    It seems like it checks if the directory is a valid Unity project, but that's it.
    Is there another way to load a Unity project without using the Unity Hub?

Edit: I found a solution for my problem!
    It seems like Unity Hub is unable to add a project if the list is empty.
    After creating an empty project, I was finally able to add my old project again!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  24. AndoSaga

AndoSaga

I have this issue on mac where unity hub works just fine but as soon as I want to open a project, I'm just sent back to my mac's homepage, granted this mac was made in like 2012

25. lazortech13

lazortech13

Hiya! I'm having this same problem on my macbook. My unity hub version is 3.0.1. Are there any updates on potential fixes? Looking to solve this asap as we are currently in production and I can't release new ios builds unless I can log in via the unity hub!!

Also, a tourniquet/inelegant fix for those suffering this same problem: Delete unity hub, open your unity project manually, reinstall unity hub with your project open, then sign in. I am then able to use unity services on my project.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  26. Blocky_Creator

Blocky_Creator

Same 4 me

27. Neil-Corre

Neil-Corre

Hi there, this happened to me just a couple of minutes ago. Here's what I did, might be worth the try:
    - Delete the library folder of your project
    - Manually open the project by opening a scene file from your project

Hope it helps!

28. jmaslaki

jmaslaki

I have this problem too. When I first start Unity Hub it forgets that I had a license so I had to try to add one and then it shows my old license again. Then I try to open a project and instead of opening a project it just opens Unity Hub again.

janithabimsara5 likes this.
  29. DamianoP

DamianoP

Same problem....
    Unity Hub 3.1.1, Unity Editor 2020.3.31f1

30. juaa

juaa

Same problem too....
    Unity Hub 3.1.0 and 3.1.1, Unity Editor 2020.3.32f1

31. m1t3sh

m1t3sh

Same problem too....
    Unity Hub 3.1.1, Unity Editor 2020.3.25f1

32. janithabimsara5

janithabimsara5

same problem too...
    Unity Hub 3.1.1 , Unity editor 2019.4.34f1

33. eclyptik

eclyptik

Same problem now Mac osMonterey.

34. eclyptik

eclyptik

it is Work in the morning. i am back after and now. unity hub won't launch correclty. How work on project now. Impossible to continue now. What a lost time to wait a response.

35. thenativelion

thenativelion

I am facing the same issue. my project won't launch from unity hub. I am using unity hub 3.3.0

Leni-Jaeger likes this.
  36. thenativelion

thenativelion

i finally solved the issue, on my wifi properties setting, I had random hardware address turned on. That choice affects unity hub in opening your projects.