Search Unity

Unity Hub won't create new project

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by candersontyler, Apr 29, 2020.

1. candersontyler

candersontyler

I have problem and any kind of help at this point is greatly appreciated. Anytime I create a New Project in Unity Hub, It doesn’t create the files, and when I go to take a look in Unity Hub it says “Project path does not exist (name of Unity Editors Path)”. Anyway to fix this? :)

I tried
    • I Different versions of Unity versions and no luck at all.

• I’m using Window 10.

• I look in the folder where the files would be after being created, but nothing shows up.

• I uninstall everything and reinstalled in different locations.

• I allowed Firewall & Window Defender authority permission.

• Changing Editor Pathways multiple times.

1st step.JPG 2nd step.JPG 3rd step.JPG

Attached Files:

proknowor likes this.
  2. DiegoDePalacio

DiegoDePalacio

Unity Technologies

Hi @candersontyler,

Try to run the Unity Hub as "Administrator".

I hope it can solve your problem!

3. Snipexkillo

Snipexkillo

I'm having the same issue. I'm using 2019.4 and Unity Hub 2.3.2 though and when I used 2018.4.15/Unity Hub 2.2.2 a week ago it worked fine.

EDIT: Running Unity Hub as Admin didn't work for me.

EDIT 2: I switched computers and it works now (maybe something about certain computers messes it up). The computer that it worked with was better and newer so maybe there was a performance issue and the projects were forced to stop being created. Not really sure. Hope this sort of helps @candersontyler .

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    Walter_Hulsebos likes this.
  4. guadatorrico5

guadatorrico5

por favor usar traductor*

PUDE RESOLVERLO CHICOS! mi pc tiene windows 7 y me faltaban estos archivos: vcruntime140.dll,kb 2533623 y KB2999226. Entonces los descargue y los instale en mi pc y por fin pudo abrir el projecto!! tengo unity hub 2.0

5. Oxven

Oxven

I also have the same issue.
    when I create a project. the Unity hub is force close, and when I open it again, it always says "Path does not exist"
    please someone help me

Attached Files:

6. DiegoDePalacio

DiegoDePalacio

Unity Technologies

Hey @Oxven,

Would you mind to check if you have a Unity project (with at least Assets and ProjectSettings folders) on the path "C:\Users\adria\New Unity Project"?

Bear in mind that if you change manually the path, for example, the folder name from "New Unity Project" to a more meaningful name, you'll have to use the "Add" button of Unity Hub to restore the connection between the Hub and your project.

I hope this helps!

Uselessbirb likes this.
  7. ahmedaniss

ahmedaniss

problem fixed here :

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    LliyaDaBunBoi likes this.
  8. DiegoDePalacio

DiegoDePalacio

Unity Technologies

Hey @ahmedaniss,

The video that you shared is not available. Would you mind to check if the link is correct and if you set your video to be not private?

Thanks!

9. Memzynothere

Memzynothere

To fix that problem you need to run it as administrator

10. jahoobas

jahoobas

Same thing happening to me, but I am on Mac.

Sostot0104 and master0v like this.
  11. Mr_Cookie1

Mr_Cookie1

same, and when i try to open just the editor, nothing happens

12. master0v

master0v

It looks like the project was created, but the folder doesn't actually exist. Tried doing it via command line, and there is no error message and nothing gets created.

/Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.3.20f1/Unity.app/Contents/MacOS/Unity -createProject ~/src/UnityBasics

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 2.14.28 PM.png

ririsharp and proknowor like this.
  13. lamp2420

lamp2420

Same issue here no fix found online is working

MichaelACarrion likes this.
  14. lamp2420

lamp2420

Im installing the beta version of 2022 editor :p Maybe its the lucky one that can work.
    Unity is in program files , hub too. The editor alone can't open. a project wont be created. Cant open old projects.
    Wtf is going on actually... The weirdest bug ever i found on unity. and there's still no Standard Fix

gregbeller likes this.
  15. lamp2420

lamp2420

So this fixed it fore me on windows.
    Uninstall hub. Go to program files and get rid of any file left from Hub or Editor! Clear the trash.
    Download Unity hub. install Default Editor. Then install the latest editor available. Create a new project with 2022 editor and it should finally work. You can now change back to the previous editor and it should still work!

DarkXPSX and Ethan_Dot_Net like this.
  16. Uselessbirb

Uselessbirb

I got a problem I'm new on unity hub and I'm having trouble creating a new project, I've already tried running as an admin but it still doesn't work

Attached Files:

17. Unity-Student0

Unity-Student0

You have to give more information : Is this a company or your home computer? And do you have permission to create folders? What's your situation like?

Uselessbirb likes this.
  18. Uselessbirb

Uselessbirb

Yes, it is a home computer that runs on windows 10 S. Yes i do have permission to create folders, I know I have the admin role on this computer/laptop(I don't know if there are any restrictions in the role). My situation is that when I finished making my license for unity hub, I encountered an error unity hub won't open. I remembered seeing a
    comment saying delete the app and its app file too, so I deleted the app I went to files and I couldn't find the files.
    so I re-installed it and it worked! So I signed in, activated my license, and Tried to make a project (now this is where
    it happens) then that "Creating Project folder Failed! " comes up, now I don't know what to do! D:

19. Unity-Student0

Unity-Student0

Well, the only possible way to know if this is a unity hub problem or a computer problem is to try this: go to C:\Users\Public and create a folder and try putting / creating your new projects there. I don't expect sensitivity in Windows 10 / 11 / S but if you can't even create a folder in Public, it should a some unknown sensitivity in Windows. If you can't create a folder in C:\Users\Public, it means there's something wrong with your Windows. You can then go to the feedback hub and file a complaint. It means microsoft has to investigate. There's nothing anyone can do. I don't expect that you have modified the registry.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  20. Unity-Student0

Unity-Student0

Apologies for replying to a not very recent post but this method might not work as traces of the unity is still in the registry. If Unity is so sensitive to that level, then your suggestions will never work. As far I'm concerned, this is not a common problem. I've come across this installation problem before in another earlier posting I think last year and I'm wondering why such a problem happens. I'm just fortunate I don't have this.

21. IgorArnaut

IgorArnaut

I have the same problem, but on Linux.

EDIT: It doesn't even create a project folder. OS is Linux Mint 20.3.

22. Unity-Student0

Unity-Student0

You better start by stating clearly if you are in a company or in your own house. And if you are working in a company, do you have permissionis or not? I made a quick check on this thread and this was clearly not stated.

23. radiantboy

radiantboy

Same happening here, anyone know how to create a project these days???

24. Sand-Dev

Sand-Dev

I have the same problem, i am trying to fix it by putting/changing the project files into a accessed folder for unity and if it works, i will reply with more information.

25. Sand-Dev

Sand-Dev

Nope, still broken

Energy_Focus likes this.
  26. waogamestudio

waogamestudio

I can not create new project or open my projects anymore

27. radiantboy

radiantboy

how infuriating, i managed to get it to work but i cant remember how!!!... did u try running as admin? make sure youre signed in with id too, i THINK it was because i was trying ot make one with 2019, when i went to 2021.2 it worked, dont quote me on that though :)

Furious-Witch likes this.
  28. MagicMan3000

MagicMan3000

It works when making the project IN 2021.2. I had the same problem with 2020 but downloaded 21, selected that version, and was able to create it in that version.

29. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Had this too, under Windows 10. The location was already pointing to "C:\Users\MyUsername\UnityProjects\ ..." which Hub did not like. I changed the folder to "Documents", Hub accepted that. I selected the previous folder again and now it accepts that too. So it was easy to fix on my end, perhaps this will be the case for others too.

Possibly Hub gets confused when the initial location is not pointing to one of the default user home subfolders like "Documents".

30. tabe12

tabe12

I have 3 problems and one I had to support 1 I had to wait 1 hour on the installation of the Editor 2 when running it in administrator it stays on the gray screen and does nothing 3 it doesn't create anything it just says "Unable to Create Project" there is nothing here solved :mad::mad::mad::(:(

31. Smiroc

Smiroc

Hello, when i create a project, it tells me that the path in not found, after search i find that the project is just not create, here is my logs if someone can help :(;)

Attached Files:

32. aks9

aks9

I'm also getting this issue - Unity won't create projects, nothing shows up in the specified project folder.

macos 10.14.6
    Unity Personal 2020.3.32f1

33. Rumpleson

Rumpleson

I had the same problem. After I upgraded the editor I could change the name for my new projects.

34. RandomCake01

RandomCake01

For me it helped to close unity hub with taskmanager and then try making the project again.

35. kimseunghoon91

kimseunghoon91

About this issue "I can not create new project or open my projects anymore", i also experienced this issue yesterday. But now this issue seems be sloved.
    Below is what are the my trials to solve this issue.

[Symptom]
    - When i create new project, it looks created on the Unity Hub screen, but i can't run it. Error popup occurred.
    - When i open the previous project which already created by me before, but i can't run it. Error popup occurred.

[Trial]
    1. Uninstall Unity Hub & Editor, then install again. ==> issue not solved.
    2. Change some permission of Win10 folder, files or some configurations --> issue not solved

During the above trial, i suspect that this issue may occurred by "License".
    So i disconnect LAN cable of my PC, then connect to the Wi-Fi.
    After this, all issue cleared.
    If i connect LAN cable again,, issue occurred again.
    Now i using Wi-Fi only when i work with Unity.

[Expect]
    I don't know why this issue occurred and cleared, but i can suppose below.
    1. When i try to create new project, Unity Hub looks connect to Unity Server using "License"
    2. If there are some problem in communication with Unity Server, project looks are not created.
    (In the Unity Hub screen, new project displayed what if it created but in the storage there is not project files are exist.)
    3. If there are some problem in communication with Unity Server, the project which created before is not run.
    (When user run some project, Unity Hub looks connect to server to check the license to get the permission to run)

georgesghafary00 and KitaruH like this.
  36. rockbeatsairbender

rockbeatsairbender

I had the same problem. Here's what worked for me:

1. Uninstall Unity
    2. Open file explorer and navigate to C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\
    3. Delete any and all Unity or UnityHub folders (only after Unity is uninstalled)
    4. Install Unity fresh.

Once I did this, Unity allowed me to create and open projects again. I had multiple Unity folders in my AppData/Roaming folder, so I'm assuming that was causing conflicts. For anyone still having this issue, hope this helps!

37. SigmundIII

SigmundIII

After feeling retarded the whole day I tried to run the installed unity version itself and a message appeared with an error: missing VCRUNTIME140_1.dll

I installed both x64 and x86 redistributables packages from microsoft and it solved it splendidly after a restart.

Here's the link

I hope it solves it for everyone who still has the problem.

38. vertexx

vertexx

Was thinking of installing this "Hub" thing. At the moment I simply click on the Exe (2017 and 2019) to open Unity.
    I don't have a "Hub" and now probably won't ever use it! By the way, what is it actually for?
    Does it help workflow or just add another level of frustration?
    Thanks.

39. Deleted User

Deleted User

i am litearlly going insane I try to create a project and it responds with "unable to create project"

Why can't i create project
    Any help would be greatly apreaciated

Attached Files:

nyawallow23 likes this.
  40. Deleted User

Deleted User

nice i also have the same problem but im using windows (same version too)

41. felix_perez_colino

felix_perez_colino

Same problem using MacOS Monterrey, Hub app (version 3.1.2) installed on the computer HD and Unity app (version 2021.3.4f1 LTS and 2022.1.5f1) installed on external HD. The project is shown in Hub but there are no files in the project folder and no log either.

Also note that Unity app is not launched when create the project under Unity Hub.

Launching Unity app is not working (only appears in the bar but no actions are available and nothing is shown)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
  42. shadowofdarknexx

shadowofdarknexx

Change user account control setting to off , don't notify

this worked for me...

good luck!

43. geromet

geromet

You need to accept cookies lol

44. JettChenT

JettChenT

I'm in exactly the same situation encountering the same problem. I've tried :
    • Deleting Unity from HD and reinstalling it
    • Deleting Unity hub (with application support) from my computer and reinstalling it
    • Giving Unity Hub full disk access
    None of the above worked in solving the issue.

45. enmity4

enmity4

Exact same problem right now! Macbook M1 on the latest MacOS Monterey and Unity versions. I've tried everything, this seems to be a genuine bug.

JettChenT likes this.
  46. Havie

Havie

*sigh* same problem... running as admin doesnt work.

1. Kill Unity Hub in Task Manager
    2. Use add/remove programs to uninstall unity hub
    3. Open AppData/Roaming and delete any unity hub folders
    4. Open ProgramFiles and delete unity Hub
    5. Redownload and install unity hub

This worked

im_so_noah, Vicodi and Redsvn like this.
  47. GhostbuGaming

GhostbuGaming

I had the same issue and I fixed it, seems like the error was due to the editor not getting launched. Try launching the editor to see if there's any error like missing Visual C++ Redistribution or something like that (open Unity.exe from the directory). Fix that issue then try creating new project with unity hub

48. Dijix009

Dijix009

Hi,
    Another solution that doesn't require to unistall and delete everything is the following one (found here )

"The work around I've found (because the issue seems to be something along the lines of what @jib fashr was saying) is to have your wifi on when you open Unity Hub to allow it to verify your licence, then turn it off when you create a new or open a project, then once finished you can turn on your wifi again.

Idk why it bugs out like that but that's what works for me."

It worked for me too,
    Hope it helps.

49. TheGreenBed

TheGreenBed

Just posting my solution for the next person who gets stuck! I ended up being super confused when a full wipe and reinstall wasn't working, even after uninstalling it for all other users, ensuring I was running it as admin, restarting, etc.

The problem was that I had the file stores in an installs folder in my own user folders, when by default unity was looking for it in /ProgramFiles or whatever. I just had to go to the installs menu on the left of unity hub, then in the top right select "locate" and show Unity the correct path to the exe in my own installs folder.

50. rgarber58

rgarber58

@TheGreenBed... I tried that and it didn't work for me.

I'm going to install (again... again... and again) the unity setup again. My issue came up from having to do a new install of Windows 10. It all started trying to get VS to be seen by my Unity installation. Then I could open my projects. But I think what I did was download just the 64 bit version of the Unity install which I guess doesn't include VS. So I went back and used the assist and it looked like everything installed that should've but now I can't open any projects. So I'm going to do a total reinstall and see if that works.