Search Unity

Unity Hub window does not appear

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by PeTTrak, Nov 28, 2019.

1. PeTTrak

PeTTrak

When I start Unity Hub, it appears on the Task Manager but the window does not appear so I cant interact with anything at all, it uses no CPU at all and just Ram.

I have tried alot of things from reinstalling, updating drivers and even checked my disk in the CMD. How can I fix this?!

2. PeTTrak

PeTTrak

Error from the log:

{"level":"error","message":"Unhandled promise rejection, reason:
    The specified module cannot be found .\r\n\\\\?\\C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar.unpacked\\node_modules\\@unityhub\\unity-editor-license\\build\\Release\\license.node\n\tstack Error:
    The specified module cannot be found.\r\n\\\\?\\C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar.unpacked\\node_modules\\@unityhub\\unity-editor-license\\build\\Release\\license.node\n at process.func [as dlopen] (electron/js2c/asar.js:138:31)\n at Object.Module._extensions..node (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:881:18)\n at Object.func [as .node] (electron/js2c/asar.js:147:18)\n at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:701:32)\n at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:633:12)\n at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:625:3)\n at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:739:19)\n at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:14:16)\n at Object.<anonymous> (C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar\\node_modules\\@unityhub\\unity-editor-license\\license.js:1:15)\n at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:839:30)","timestamp":"2019-11-28T13:51:04.847Z"}

3. Moritz5thPlanet

Moritz5thPlanet

I have the same problem; in the log file, it says this for each launch:

Code (JavaScript):
    1. {"level":"error","message":"Unhandled promise rejection, reason: The specified module could not be found.\r\n\\\\?\\C:\\Unity\\Hub\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar.unpacked\\node_modules\\@unityhub\\unity-editor-license\\build\\Release\\license.node\n\tstack Error: The specified module could not be found.\r\n\\\\?\\C:\\Unity\\Hub\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar.unpacked\\node_modules\\@unityhub\\unity-editor-license\\build\\Release\\license.node\n    at process.func [as dlopen] (electron/js2c/asar.js:138:31)\n    at Object.Module._extensions..node (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:881:18)\n    at Object.func [as .node] (electron/js2c/asar.js:147:18)\n    at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:701:32)\n    at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:633:12)\n    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:625:3)\n    at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:739:19)\n    at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:14:16)\n    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\\Unity\\Hub\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar\\node_modules\\@unityhub\\unity-editor-license\\license.js:1:15)\n    at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:839:30)","timestamp":"2019-11-28T17:32:16.545Z"}

4. Tindajii

Tindajii

Same:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. {"level":"error","message":"Unhandled promise rejection, reason: The specified module could not be found.\r\n\\\\?\\C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar.unpacked\\node_modules\\@unityhub\\unity-editor-license\\build\\Release\\license.node\n\tstack Error: The specified module could not be found.\r\n\\\\?\\C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar.unpacked\\node_modules\\@unityhub\\unity-editor-license\\build\\Release\\license.node\n    at process.func [as dlopen] (electron/js2c/asar.js:138:31)\n    at Object.Module._extensions..node (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:881:18)\n    at Object.func [as .node] (electron/js2c/asar.js:147:18)\n    at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:701:32)\n    at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:633:12)\n    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:625:3)\n    at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:739:19)\n    at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:14:16)\n    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar\\node_modules\\@unityhub\\unity-editor-license\\license.js:1:15)\n    at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:839:30)","timestamp":"2019-11-29T02:55:48.294Z"}

5. Moritz5thPlanet

Moritz5thPlanet

The cause for this seems the majority of the packages to not be installed.

The directory has many fewer files than a working install of 2.2.0

6. FFIMD

FFIMD

I have found a solution! This problem seems to be related to the lack of “Redistributable Visual C ++ for Visual Studio 2015”, I installed both versions (maybe I need only one x64 or x86). Unity Hub installer don't install this package, so if you have fresh system you probably haven't this package.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Guersom92 likes this.
  7. dolifer

dolifer

Thx, it worked for me, Got the same problem with Unity Hub.

8. Guersom92

Guersom92

Thanks, this solve it.

9. cesarmb_unity

cesarmb_unity

I have the same problem with the Unity Hub 2.2.2. It appears in the Task Manager but I cannot open my project and the splash screen doesn't appear. I already downloaded both x64 and x86 but it didn't solve the problem.
    Do someone knows how to solve that ?