Search Unity

Unity Hub will not let me log in to my account on my work network

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by brianpkenney10, Apr 18, 2019.

1. malikaran740

malikaran740

Attached Files:

2. loneserenadegs

loneserenadegs

I found a fix for UnityHub 3.0.1 where if you click the sign in button and it doesnt do anything. First go to your start menu, then go to control panel, Default Programs, Web Browser, change Default Program to Google Chrome. (if you have Chrome). Afterwards, open UnityHub and click sign in again, and it should open up the browser to sign into the hub.

NpcBoss likes this.
  3. NpcBoss

NpcBoss

I finaly solved the problem. The problem is that when you click to "sign in"... Unity tries to open a browser, but he dont know which one to open edge? google?.
    1. Go to your favorite browser like "edge" or "chrome"
    2. got to settings and let the browser know that its your standart browser
    3 try to sign in at your installed unity hub
    sry for bad english. I hope this helps :)

4. wood333

wood333

Same problem. Cannot login, and I use email address to log in, so no Google!
    2018, no problem, 2019 no go.
    My assistant is laughing. He prefers Unreal. Embarrassing for me (and Unity).
    Notes: No firewall. Comcast Business provider, but at home. No business or virus protection firewalls. Nothing, not even windows firewall.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
  5. Yot-Magnet

Yot-Magnet

I had the same issue with Spark AR Studio and basically all softwares that requires in browser login.
    It's more a security issue from your company security policy than a Unity thing .

It ended up working by restarting my computer. Then launching Unity while the whole OS is loading, signing in as fast as possible. Yeah, weird but it worked in my case.

6. userTest1528

userTest1528

Unity Hub 3.1.2 seems to be using SSL certificate pinning for some hostnames to prevent decryption. Enterprise web proxy or firewall usually decrypt for inspection. For us, login starting working after we bypassed decryption of these hostnames:
    core.cloud.unity3d.com (initial login post-installation)
    api.unity.com (every login)
    core.hub-proxy.unity3d.com (every login)​
    Once logged in for the first time, to download Unity Editor, we then had to also bypass decryption of:
    download.unity3d.com (software downloads inside the app)
    cloudmedia-docs.unity3d.com (documentation downloads inside the app)​

Last edited: May 2, 2022
  7. BlueCoder009

BlueCoder009

I run unity hub in administiration mode and it worked

8. DHARMAKAYA

DHARMAKAYA

If I was on linux, at least I could force open that URL with the hub app in terminal. Maybe there is a way to do that on Win10 also.

9. aguacate_xd

aguacate_xd

Cuando le doy a iniciar sesión en Unity Hub se me abre una pestaña en mi navegador que sencillamente se queda en blanco, totalmente en blanco, sin dejarme iniciar sesión

10. Buckmaster

Buckmaster

They made me change the password, now I can't log into Unity hub with the Unity Hub nor the Editor. I can log into the website... but when i try to log into the program it just gives a blank screen and stops.

Development has completely stopped... and we're unable to continue at all. Can't load anything from the unity store either since the editor wont log in.

11. krupps

krupps

I had to login 3 times for it to start working. It brings up my browser then jumps back in. Tried logging into the editor, nope. went back logged into the hub and it finally logged me in. I think the popup page was cached and unity kept bring up an old version.

12. AlDSouza

AlDSouza

13. Devio01

Devio01

please delete the %temp% files then try to change the default browser and try again am sure now you can login

lol2008sp likes this.
  14. omerkiany

omerkiany

15. lol2008sp

lol2008sp

I had the same issue today and this fixed it, thanks!!!