Search Unity

Unity Hub will not let me log in to my account on my work network

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by brianpkenney10, Apr 18, 2019.

1. brianpkenney10

brianpkenney10

Hello all,

Any help is appreciated.

When I use Unity hub, it will not let me log on to my account at work. Just blanks out after I put in my account info. But when I go into Unity 2018.3.12f1 directly and log into my account, it lets me so I can use Unity services. In order to just do this I had to haggle with our IT Dept to open some things on our filter. Why is this? Now, I just installed Unity 2019.1 and it will not let me log into my account again to use Unity services. What changed from 2018 to 2019?

I can log onto my account on the web.

I even tried the beta of Unity hub 2.0 and it still doesn't work.

2. DanielTG

DanielTG

Hi @brianpkenney10

In 2019.1 login is managed exclusively in the Hub as part of our plan to deprecate these pieces that built into the Editor and make them operate more broadly in the Hub (e.g. the project Launcher that was built into 2018.3.12f1 and removed in 2019.1)

The network end points to login from the Editor in 2018.3 and in the Hub are the same
    HTTPS://accounts.unity3d.com
    HTTPS://api.unity.com
    HTTPS://license.unity3d.com

Is there any other firewall/antivirus software running on your computer? In some other cases we've seen the Unity.exe may be whitelisted but not the Hub executable which may or may not be related to your issue.

Please let us know.

Thanks
    Daniel

3. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Can you please report a bug using the hub or any of your editors and join the logs ?

Best regards,

4. brianpkenney10

brianpkenney10

@DanielTG No other firewall software other than Windows Defender Security Center. And, those are the endpoints I gave to our IT Department. and 2018 started working. Hub still didn't work after that...Tried adding a local firewall exception and no can do.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  5. brianpkenney10

brianpkenney10

Location of Hub logs? Or are they all in Editor?

6. brianpkenney10

brianpkenney10

Done.

7. brianpkenney10

brianpkenney10

@DanielTG @safaGH...submitted a bug report. Did everything they said, but didn't work. Contact support? I am going to fiddle with it some more...I would like to have more ammo before I start haggling with our IT Dept. I think its a firewall/filter issue.I can't get over the fact that 2018 lets me do it, but not 2019. In the 2019 editor the account drop down is greyed out. But, the package manager works. The last time this happened with 2018, the package manager wasn't working. Thanks for the help.Told me the following:
    Thanks for reaching out to us.

Did you try to delete the %appdata%/Roaming/Unity folder?

If that did not help, you can try running the Unity hub in administrator mode.

You can also try re-installing the Unity hub. Make sure to download the newest available version.

If the steps I have mentioned above do not help please contact our Customer Service (https://unity3d.com/learn/support) as this is not a Unity Editor issue. We are handling issues contained to the platform and tools available with the Unity engine, but not the service related problems. Our Support service could provide more information on your specific issue.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  8. PhilipZ0

PhilipZ0

I have the same issue as mentioned above. Unity 2018.3 will let me log in and Asset Store/Package Manager works. After downloading 2019.1 Asset Store/Package Manager are working but Collab, Cloud, and Account inside Unity give the "No network connection" message and in Unity Hub I cannot sign in and redeem license and activation for the account. I cannot enter the Unity Pro license and activate Unity Pro. Do you have Unity Hub urls that could be whitelisted for this to work out? I am behind a proxy and have set up the proxy the way that they should be set up. I have reinstalled both the Unity Editor and Unity Hub. Thank you.

9. rickblacker

rickblacker

Yep, exact same issue. Can't use hub behind company firewall.
    I realize this may be bad form to mention this here but. I had issues with Epic's game launcher as well. They have a work around where in the icon's properties, you add -http=wininet to the end of the target command line. So their command line looks like
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win32\EpicGamesLauncher.exe" -http=wininet

For grins, I thought I'd try it at the end of the hubs exe, but it didn't work.

10. ksteinebach

ksteinebach

Any update on this? We are having the same issue behind our proxy. Tried proxy settings in the environmental variables and the received error pertaining to the package manager not being accessible due to proxy.

Cannot sign-in to hub, accepts credentials then drops us back to the hub not signed in. Same happens in the asset store in the editor as well as just signing in to the editor.

We are able to sign in to the asset store via website, but that doesn't help because when attempting to download a tutorial it wants to go through the hub.

11. jmorsey

jmorsey

We are also having this problem. The main issue for us is our work proxy uses a self-signed cert and Unity Hub is not letting us log in. The error in the log:

{"level":"error","message":"Unhandled promise rejection, reason: self signed certificate in certificate chain\n\tstack Error: self signed certificate in certificate chain\n at TLSSocket.<anonymous> (_tls_wrap.js:1098:38)\n at emitNone (events.js:105:13)\n at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:207:7)\n at TLSSocket._finishInit (_tls_wrap.js:628:8)\n at TLSWrap.ssl.onhandshakedone (_tls_wrap.js:458:38)","timestamp":"2019-10-15T23:41:21.345Z"}

There's a way to add a self-signed cert for the Unity Editor as seen here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/upm-network.html#SSL but not for the Hub?

12. RicardoStoke46

RicardoStoke46

To be honest. Having the same problem. Every time I try to use Unity hub, it won't bring up the form to let me sign in. So, stuck.

13. Emiles

Emiles

Seriously though, given i've opened the damn project from Unity Hub, one would expect the Editor to recognise its there, open, waiting ready to give the editor the user creditials.But no... of course not, that would be too much to expect.

Fortunately i just needed to be able to down load an asset, which you can do through the Editor asset store window. Of course, if you find the login button doesn't work, then click signup to get to the sign page and then click i already have an account. You can the login and get your assets. Of course, this doesn't help if you need Unity Services.

Hey Unity, Login in is pretty important.

JAMvlc, triniskirris and sand_lantern like this.
  14. Ivan-Pestrikov

Ivan-Pestrikov

Same problem here. Submitted a bug report Case 1194721.

15. sand_lantern

sand_lantern

I'm still having this issue also, unity hub version 2.2.0

16. sand_lantern

sand_lantern

Unfortunately, the package store isn't allowing me to download anything anymore. It only gives me the "Open in Unity" option which doesn't work because I can't log in.

17. Ivan-Pestrikov

Ivan-Pestrikov

I had a problem with the licence. Try to return it and reactivate.
    If the problem still persists, contact the Unity support. They will help.

18. kadykov

kadykov

Why do not you do everything as it was? I can’t set my assets because of your experiments!

ThomHudson likes this.
  19. rohitdesai

rohitdesai

same problem here, not able to bypass the proxy in unity hub i can still work on 2018 editor which gives me direct log in to package manager and asset store. but i am stuck with 2019 version. this issue is extremely important as you cant even build the android build which fails to build it due to gradle dependencies cant find bec of network issue;

20. pkerrigan

pkerrigan

Also having this issue on our school network. Would be curious for a resolution.

21. sand_lantern

sand_lantern

On your school network, it's likely a proxy thing. I doubt you'll be able to get that fixed without talking to your network administrator.

Alternatively, you should be able to log in to your Unity ID account instead of your main one, and still have access to purchased assets (which is what I eventually did after being in contact with Unity's support team for about 2 weeks).

Their suggestion being the following:

"The ultimate workaround would be to sign in using your Unity account. If you have never used this account directly, sign in to https://id.unity.com/en/account/edit using google and change the password to your Unity account."

22. DragonCoder

DragonCoder

Same issue here and it is my home computer so no proxy etc. I spent 40$ on assets which I cannot even access now. Wtf?

23. sand_lantern

sand_lantern

See my previous comment. It got me able to download my assets, even in an unideal state.

24. bsfcunitystudent

bsfcunitystudent

Any resolution to this as we seem to be having the exact same issue? Login works for the web, but within the UnityHub or Unity itself you cannot login. It tells me if I get my password wrong, so it seems to be communicating, but when I use the correct details it just closes the box, without signing in.

Tried it by making a linked google ID rather than this one and it worked fine within Unity, but in the UnityHub using Google SignIn Google reported that the browser wasn't secure and didn't complete the login.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  25. sand_lantern

sand_lantern

Did you try the workaround that I posted earlier?

26. msalihkarakasli

msalihkarakasli

The same issue for me, I tried every advice from the support team but it has not been solved yet. Because of this issue, I cannot use Unity Services in Editor. Waiting for a solution.

27. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

@msalihkarakasli : Please report a bug through the hub so we can investigate the logs

28. Melski_07

Melski_07

Pretty sure its just google disabling the hubs login abilities.... https://security.googleblog.com/2019/04/better-protection-against-man-in-middle.html

You can work around it, sort of... Don't use the package manager, open up the asset store inside Unity. Don't log in, click create account (don't worry you dont need to create an account), down the bottom on this page is the usual 'login using google' button. Use this, it doesn't seem to be hooked up to the hub yet, you can then download your assets as you used to.

secondshow likes this.
  29. sand_lantern

sand_lantern

I tried to explain that to support, but they bullishly refused to accept it could be an issue on their side. I even linked to them the page google helpfully provided suggesting it's an app authentication issue. Eventually I gave up trying to get the issue resolved since the workaround got me able to download my packages and I only have so much time in the day to guide the stubbornness of others.

Melski_07 likes this.
  30. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Melski_07 likes this.
  31. Paajsena

Paajsena

2020 y todavía errores para iniciar sesión que tristeza.... aparece la ventana para iniciar sesión extremadamente pequeña y no se puede ni ingresar los datos y tampoco cambiar el tamaño de la pestaña

saeed1414 likes this.
  32. hippogames

hippogames

Same here! Latest Unity Hub, Unity 2020 and Unity 2019.
    Unity 2020 works fine and can sign in. Unity 2019 always says to install Unity Hub to Sign In, and it's impossible to Sign In with Unity 2019, not to Services, not Asset Store. Please help. Have PLUS license. Tried reinstalling Unity and Hub with no luck.

glitchers likes this.
  33. vietlab

vietlab

@safaGH Can not login, please help. Both web & hub keeps asking for phone activation code that never reaches me

Bosunbill likes this.
  34. ajeets1978

ajeets1978

Oh my gawd, unity some time makes it so unproductive day...

I am not in this S***, where all of a sudden to a working project its saying, this project id doesn't exist and I can't login from unity hub... Web dashboard is all fine.

What To Do.... tried everything above and whatever is possible.

35. sckarlocruz

sckarlocruz

Unable to log in to Unity Hub 2.4.2
    Tried signing in but seems not accepting credentials.

We are running on a proxy environment and have whitelisted below URLs but issue persists.
    license.unity3d.com
    activation.unity3d.com
    sl-http.unity3d.com
    developer.cloud.unity3d.com
    core.cloud.unity3d.com
    Accounts.unity3d.com

36. marcian400

marcian400

Si 2021 y el mismo problema :(
    No puedo iniciar cesion en Unity Hub
    Que pasa

37. marcian400

marcian400

Hello. Can anybody help me? Unity Hub don't let me sign in. I attach screen.
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

38. BenjiM_Unity

BenjiM_Unity

Unity Technologies

Checking in to see if you are still experiencing the same issue. Did you get the chance to try again after a restart as there may be an existing instance?

39. TrineMSISVR

TrineMSISVR

I'm with IT staff at a university and we've reviewing firewall/proxy for realtime traffic and whitelisted what we've seen, but still unable to login to UnityHub (2.4.2) on first, second (multiple attempts really) but it will eventually login. Happening across multiple workstations. Just problematic and waiting after several attempts over several minutes is not practical in our higher ed lab environment. Still a problem it appears from looking a prior posts over the past two years.

40. Cascho01

Cascho01

I can´t sign in from inside the editor.
    I always get this window:
    upload_2021-4-12_12-16-53.png

Same when trying to open project from inside the hub.
    I delete this popup then and click onto the project for second time, then it opens.

Licence is properly installed and viewable in the hub.
    I also uninstalled an reinstalled the hub several time, also as admin.

After logging out from inside the hub I get an empty login window now:

upload_2021-4-12_12-38-53.png

Please help!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    glitchers likes this.
  41. TrineMSISVR

TrineMSISVR

In our environment, we found the issue was related to encryption/decryption rules within our firewall. Because the traffic wasn't passing or getting far enough along we did not see all the necessary URLs to apply to our rule. Once we excluded or allowed all based on specific IP did we capture the necessary URLs In our case, we did not include (as mentioned above) when we thought we had the *.unity3d.com - once added to our rule within the firewall - logins were immediate. Hope this helps someone else.

42. phantomex232

phantomex232

ok i'm having a hard time. Every time I download it tells me no this password is incorrect but i know i'm putting the right password. is there any way that you could help me.+ HOW DO YOU CREATE A GAME?

43. phantomex232

phantomex232

HELP. i don't know how to make a game

ThomHudson and zay2t like this.
  44. tranthoa584

tranthoa584

Hello, I can help you. So first you go to settings > general > Unity Editor Folders. Then select the folder that contains all the version of unity. Mainly it is in the program files > Unity and select it. Once you select it, log - in into the unity website. Then login into unity hub and there ya go. Enjoy. Also, if you think that this is helpful. Check out my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEHp4w8fTDoOcRUwG8qTypQ. I would really appreciate it.

45. kfreiheit2

kfreiheit2

I found a solution that works for me.
    I don't usually post, but this was a nasty problem, it still exists, and I saw no clear answer posted.

Create a text file on your desktop, for example: UnityHub.cmd
    It should contain:

@echo off
    set HTTP_PROXY=HTTP://yourproxy:yourproxyport
    set HTTPS_PROXY=HTTP://yourproxy:yourproxyport
    start "" "C:\Program Files\Unity Hub\Unity Hub.exe"

Save the file and use it to launch UnityHub. (Make sure no instance of the Hub is running first or it will just open that instance and not work.)

Now you should be able to log in through the Hub.

Note: You will have had to set up your certificates as well!!
    See: https://docs.unity3d.com/2022.1/Documentation/Manual/upm-config-network.html
    Scroll down to the section on "Custom certificate authority".

The same page does explain the above, but it is clear as mud.

creepteks likes this.
  46. geloqt06

geloqt06

Help! I keep getting this problem Untitled2.png

47. DogeFactor

DogeFactor

my unity version was auto-instaled, and it broke. now every time i try to sign in, nothing happens. i need unity 2.4.3 to convert my old projects, and continue to work on them. please help this is getting out of hand

also same issue happens as the guy above mef

48. dvfacu

dvfacu

Thank you so much! This really worked for me!

49. malikaran740

malikaran740

Attached Files:

50. DogeFactor

DogeFactor

sorry but the download is blocked. google wont let me open it, and i also don't trust it. if there is any other way, please let me know. I've tried everything, and at this point, I'm ready to quit unity altogether.
    its called unity, but this app has probably been one of the most broken and incompatible/unusable game engines ive ever used.
    if i cant even get past the hubs sign in screen, then i dont wanna try to imagine what its like in the studio.
    if nobody can help me, then this is my last post as a member of the unity community.