Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Unity Hub will not install after failed update.

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by foivos_unity151, Nov 11, 2021.

1. foivos_unity151

foivos_unity151

Hello! I had been using Unity Hub for a while, until an update released for it about two months ago and I chose to install it. The installation process got interrupted (I think that was my fault but can't quite remember the details) and Unity Hub stopped working. I completely uninstalled it and tried to reinstall a fresh copy from scratch but installation failed saying "Installation Aborted. Setup not completed successfully.". Trying to redownload and install Unity Hub again today still failed the same way. Unity still works but I cannot login to backup my project, nor can I update Unity. Is there a log that the installer generates anywhere? Is there a way to "flush" my system clean of Unity Hub to get rid of whatever is broken and start anew? Any other Ideas?

Thank you.

2. UnityJuju

UnityJuju

Unity Technologies

Looks like there's still some leftovers files that are preventing you from installing the Hub.
    I would suggest you to do a deep sweep, using a program or manually, by checking your folders, temp, registry etc

3. foivos_unity151

foivos_unity151

Thank you for your reply. Could you maybe be a bit more specific? I have checked every folder I can think of, and I don't know what programs would help with this. I even searched the entire c: for "hub" and could not find anything relevant.