Search Unity

Bug Unity Hub - Unable to get past login screen

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by AidanHorton, Dec 12, 2022.

1. AidanHorton

AidanHorton

So I'm trying to use Unity on the company network.
    I'm not an expert so I may get some terminology wrong, but we have ZScaler installed on our devices, this means that it injects its own self-signed certificate into everything.

I'm able to get Unity somewhat working if I use Unity hub 2.3.2 as it doesn't require a login to open projects - but if I install 3.0.0+ then I'm unable to use the hub - as it requires you to login to do anything.
    The problem is that I'm unable to login on any hub version - as ZScaler is injecting certificates and causing the following error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. "networkError: FetchError: request to <URL-HERE> failed, reason: unable to get local issuer certificate"
    This is also an issue with the Unity Editor, but I can get the Unity Registry packages working by using the following tutorial: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/upm-config-network.html#Proxy - and basically adding the ZScaler certificate manually to the upm-config.json file. This works great - but it doesn't affect the damn Unity Hub!

I know what the issue is - it's ZScaler injecting its own self-signed certificate into the network requests.

I have fixed it before in Unity Editor by basically saying to Unity 'Accept this certificate'.

But I cannot find a way to do this for the Unity Hub!

This means that I can't access my own Assets inside of the Unity Editor as the sign-in is managed by the Unity Hub.

2. unity_D127411F061F556F2293

unity_D127411F061F556F2293

Hi, Aidan,
    i've the same issue on mac. Have you found the solution in the meantime?
    BR