Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Unity Hub Ubuntu Command Line issues

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by VanZeebroeck, Oct 11, 2021.

1. VanZeebroeck

VanZeebroeck

Hi,

I want to install Unity Hub on my Ubuntu server and use it through command line.
    I downloaded the linux hub App Image and when trying to run it it was complaining about a lot of libraries not found.

After installing all of them I got this error:
     The futex facility returned an unexpected error code.Aborted (core dumped)

I then used xvfb to run it in a fake display environment, then I get this output:

Checking for update
    Checking for update (already in progress)
    Update for version 3.0.0-beta.5 is not available (latest version: 3.0.0-beta.5, downgrade is disallowed).
    (electron) Security Warning: A WebContents was just created with both webviewTag and contextIsolation enabled. This combination is fundamentally less secure and effectively bypasses the protections of contextIsolation. We strongly recommend you move away from webviews to OOPIF or BrowserView in order for your app to be more secure
    Checking for update
    Update for version 3.0.0-beta.5 is not available (latest version: 3.0.0-beta.5, downgrade is disallowed).

After that output nothing happens, the executable never returns.

Command I am using to test:
    ./unityhub.AppImage -- --headless editors

And for xvfb
    xvfb-run --auto-servernum --server-args='-screen 0 640x480x24' ./unityhub.AppImage -- --headless editors

Any help or pointers in the correct direction will be much appreciated!

2. UnityJuju

UnityJuju

Unity Technologies

I've reached out to the Hub team about it, and their recommendation is to upgrade to beta 6 and follow the Read Me file (inside installation archive) to run install script.