Search Unity

Unity Hub Sign In Window - Blank.

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Amon, Jan 24, 2018.

1. KarlKarl2000

KarlKarl2000

screenshot.75.jpg

I just updated to Unity 2019.2.11f1 and trying to retrieve the assets I bought on the asset store.

But....

I can't log into Unity through Unity Hub. I just get a blank white pop up. I'm on version 2.1.3

What's worse is I can't start Unity because my license can't be activated.

Is it normal to have 5 instances of Unity Hub.exe?
    screenshot.76.jpg

@Charles_Beauchemin @AbrahamDUnity @mathieub I think the issue is narrowed down to GOOGLE.. I can't go through google to log in. Please check out the video. It still does not explain the 5 instances of Unity Hub however.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  2. cyberkap

cyberkap

Can confirm Login with Google is not working today.

Edit: Not working with Unity program anyways; login with google is working on Unity site.

3. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi @indieDoroid,

We're aware of the issue and are investigating right away. Although we currently don't know what is causing this issue, it is not reproducible on our latest build which means it will probably be fixed in our next release. We will look into it regardless though. Thanks for reporting it!

Cheers,

KarlKarl2000 likes this.
  4. yuriythebest

yuriythebest

Hey guys, using Unity 2019.2.17f1 (64-bit) , Win10 and the latest unityHub - I tried the following

1. Exit Hub and kill all processes
    2. Delete Unity Hub folders in AppData/Roaming
    3. still the WHITE SCREEN!

EDIT: Found a solution. Uninstall UnityHub and DON"T REINSTALL. after that, if you try to launch unity it will allow you to browse for your project ( it will also nag you to download unityHub but DON'T)

5. EnlightenedOne

EnlightenedOne

I have lived with the Unity Hub uninstalled since they modified whatever controls the interface for Unity Hub some years back. Today I decided to buy some software and realised I may not be able to integrate it with Unity without getting Unity Hub back online.

So I went through everybodies previous advice:
    I granted all users full access to:
    C:\ProgramData\Unity
    I deleted:
    C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub + Unity Hub​
    I checked my graphics drivers were up to date, and verified that with Unity Hub uninstalled I could access Unity.
    I checked I could login via Firefox on the online portal:
    I checked my registry included my windows installation key under
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProductId​

I still had a white screen so I fully disabled my anti-virus and firewall and the UI loaded! After some trial end error I traced the blocker back to Comodo Firewall's HIPS shield in safe mode preventing Unity Hub from doing something that made it whitescreen, whitelisting "C:\Program Files\Unity Hub\Unity Hub.exe" in HIPS did the trick, I hope this helps someone else.

In a nutshell the white screen on all windows from Unity Hub is a generic error that UnityHub could not access everything it wanted to start, not even the app data log reports an exception when clearly the application has failed (not tested default behaviour when offline but im hoping it doesn't just hang with a white screen). I get an exception in the json log only if I try to open the report a bug UX which never loaded before the fix.

Attached Files:

6. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hello ! All the sign in issues should be fixed with HUB 2.3.0 but if you are still experiencing problems, it may be some network issues (cannot access the authentication end point because of a proxy or some firewall rules). Make sure to check this doc to whitelist unity end points. Also if you are opening the HUB in administrator mode, it may cause problems to sign in. Keep us updated if these hints didn't unblock you guys !

7. Riodancesnd

Riodancesnd

Hello,I cannot sign in at Unity Hub 2.3.0.
    It's WHITE BLANK.
    I tried Uninstalling and Reinstalling but it doesn't work.
    Please help me.

Attached Files:

8. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hello ! Please report a bug through the hub bug reporter so we can look at your logs and investigate :)

9. Aylith

Aylith

I know this thread is old, but I've been having this problem for about a week now and can't find a solution anywhere. Tried everything in this thread, too.

10. Protozoaire

Protozoaire

As a workaround, you can try to launch Unity.exe directly (in admin mode if needed).

11. Pravin732

Pravin732

12. CTpsycho

CTpsycho

how do I do that

13. Fabzil_2

Fabzil_2

I had the same problem, what helped me is someone here says its linked to a webpage.
    Being in China I use a VPN like 99% of people so I had to disable it. All of a sudden the page loaded.

charlesb_rm likes this.
  14. Evil_Unkle

Evil_Unkle

Just kill all Unity process and restart Hub)))

15. arslanmirza123456

arslanmirza123456

Problem solved, click on manual activation then click then click on link given below. then go to browser and sign in from that and do whatever you want.

16. ConnorWDuke

ConnorWDuke

THANK YOU! I was having this issue for a long time and couldn't get anything to work, but this did the trick!

17. piotr_skalski

piotr_skalski

Still don't work on Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview.

Logs:
    {"moduleName":"App","level":"info","message":"[ 'Checking arguments for Windows custom URI scheme' ]","timestamp":"2021-03-24T20:53:11.395Z"}
    {"moduleName":"App","level":"info","message":"[ 'No custom URI argument found' ]","timestamp":"2021-03-24T20:53:11.397Z"}
    {"moduleName":"SystemInfo","level":"info","message":"[ 'Hub version: 2.4.3' ]","timestamp":"2021-03-24T20:53:11.409Z"}
    {"moduleName":"SystemInfo","level":"info","message":"[ 'Hub path: C:\\\\Program Files\\\\Unity Hub\\\\Unity Hub.exe' ]","timestamp":"2021-03-24T20:53:11.409Z"}
    {"level":"error","message":"Unhandled promise rejection, reason: Cannot read property 'model' of undefined\n\tstack TypeError: Cannot read property 'model' of undefined\n at SystemInfo.bugReporterSystemInfo (C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar\\build\\services\\localSystemInfo\\systemInfo.js:77:35)\n at SystemInfo.logInfo (C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar\\build\\services\\localSystemInfo\\systemInfo.js:15:14)\n at App.<anonymous> (C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar\\build\\app.js:138:24)\n at Generator.next (<anonymous>)\n at C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar\\build\\app.js:7:71\n at new Promise (<anonymous>)\n at __awaiter (C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar\\build\\app.js:3:12)\n at App.initSequence (C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar\\build\\app.js:135:16)\n at App.emit (events.js:199:15)\n at App.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:469:20)","timestamp":"2021-03-24T20:53:11.410Z"}

18. creepteks

creepteks

May God, archangels, and all things that are holy bless you...

19. ranauoki

ranauoki

Hello. i am having similar problem. i activated my license while using personal. and once i want to downoad assests it requires logging in, and the window"unity hub sign in" shows nothing, then disappears. then i tried not using the VPN and the window shows me logging in by email or telepohne but this time once i log in it requires the career and industry. it shows it as a business account ???? i don't understand??

20. mmmmfhf745

mmmmfhf745

And what to do if the dialog box in Unity Hub looks like this and there is simply no column for data entry. Looks like this stub. Reinstallation. Disabling the firewall from Windows did not help. This is a screenshot of the dialog box itself with the input as it is.

21. frost4mage

frost4mage

I had the same problem, I used American IP, and the problem solved.

22. BenjiM_Unity

BenjiM_Unity

Unity Technologies

There may be a 2nd instance of Hub running at the same time. Kindly let us know if you can log out/restart and try again with this system. Thank you!

23. I_Love_Misato

I_Love_Misato

I cannot sign-in. If I kill the unity hub process and restart it, the window does not show up at all, I have to run it again. And then, when I sign in, I see only a blank window. And I can't use any assets I have purchased before!!

24. I_Love_Misato

I_Love_Misato

25. dsills-skillz

dsills-skillz

I'm on Linux and I kept getting the blank screen on clicking Sign In until I fixed up the INSTALL.sh file. First I noticed they reference a ~/Applications folder so I added that to my home folder. Then I updated the INSTALL.sh file to:

Code (Boo):
    2. #!/usr/bin/env bash
    4. set -e
    6. SCRIPT_DIR="$( cd -- "$(dirname "$0")" >/dev/null 2>&1 ; pwd -P )"
    7. UNITY_HUB_APP_IMAGE="$SCRIPT_DIR/UnityHub.AppImage"
    9. echo "Integrating Unity Hub into system"
    11. echo "Updating AppImage permissions"
    12. chmod u+x $UNITY_HUB_APP_IMAGE
    14. echo "Moving AppImage to the Applications folder"
    15. mkdir -p "$HOME/Applications"
    16. mv $UNITY_HUB_APP_IMAGE "$HOME/Applications"
    18. echo "Adding the necessary .desktop file"
    19. sed -i "s|\$HOME|$HOME|g" "$SCRIPT_DIR/appimagekit-unityhub.desktop"
    20. mv "$SCRIPT_DIR/appimagekit-unityhub.desktop" "$HOME/.local/share/applications/appimagekit-unityhub.desktop"
    22. echo "Adding the unity hub icon"
    23. mkdir -p "$HOME/.icons" && mv "$SCRIPT_DIR/unityHub.png" "$HOME/.icons/unityHub.png"
    25. echo "Registering the required unityhub URL scheme with XDG"
    26. xdg-mime default appimagekit-unityhub.desktop x-scheme-handler/unityhub
    28. echo "Installation complete."
    Although I'm fairly certain that the main missing ingredient was just this: ```xdg-mime default appimagekit-unityhub.desktop x-scheme-handler/unityhub```

26. satriokusbandrio

satriokusbandrio

hello im new here,i have a problem with the hub. i can't even sign in or create account in unity hub. when i click create account or sign in, its doesnt show any window or poppedup new window. how can i fix this?
    upload_2022-1-5_13-6-21.png

HowlRyd likes this.
  27. mstarr

mstarr

Bump. Black screen.

28. SupremacyLasse

SupremacyLasse

On Linux I get a blank screen on UnityHub 3.0.1 from time to time after a gpu driver update. When I run the hub from command line I get an error about valib. The first time I got this I realized I had no such lib or a driver for it installed, and then installed an nvidia one. This worked until the issue came up again after another gpu driver update. Waiting for an update to va driver lib fixes it, or in my case I also were able to switch to intel VA driver because my cpu also has that capability.

On Linux check that vainfo does not return an error. If it does install a working va driver. I used this page to enlighten myself about VA drivers: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Hardware_video_acceleration

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  29. sumukakanlng

sumukakanlng

im from the philippines and my time zone is asia/manila and my location is canada..so when i change the location to philippines problem solve...go to unity id and check if the same... hope it works

30. sumukakanlng

sumukakanlng

im from the philippines and my time zone is asia/manila and my location is canada..so when i change the location to philippines problem solve...go to unity id and check if the same... hope it works

31. MackNugget

MackNugget

Bump. Still getting this with Unity Hub 3.11 on Windows 11.

32. HaMrDev

HaMrDev

worked!

33. Taploid7

Taploid7

I'm having that same problem! When I click Sign In from the Unity Hub, it takes me to a blank Unity page with the address https://api.unity.com/v1/oauth2/aut...56&redirect_uri=unityhub://login&locale=en_US, and when I inspect source it shows me to go to unityhub://login/?code=8wx06UyLxJWij90HxwMMqw011f&locale=en&session_state=8dfa9fcd8255b310c353764fb8cfed94ec9a804d4480e3998bce94bf0ca2883e.PVvgJOn6_NXvHeCjYADeag00ff, I'm on PC and none of the solutions above worked for me; I'm also pressured by a time limit, I've got a course in a few days ;-; please help

34. feritmusaoz

feritmusaoz

Unity hub'ı kurdum, oturum açma düğmesine bastığımda hiçbir şey olmuyor. Beni herhangi bir siteye atmıyor. Her şeyi denedim lütfen yardım edin.

35. Taploid7

Taploid7

Still not working, I need help.

36. FranktheGame

FranktheGame

I am having this problem also. I tried re-installing and deleting the appdata files. I am using Unity Hub 3.2.0. I need the hub to download my remote project. So sick of dealing with this.

37. C-Eldinur

C-Eldinur

I just installed unity using PKGBUILD as well and when I try to execute the binary the unityhub window shows up.. After that I try to sign in but only a blank web page is shown. Since I haven't set up any firewall or anything similar just yet I don't understand why this error occurs.

38. AlDSouza

AlDSouza

39. RampageRabbit

RampageRabbit

Hi guys! I solved the same problem! Just changed my default browser to Chrome. Na zdorov'ye! ;)

40. try7thousand

try7thousand

I am also experiencing this blank page problem. Does anyone have a solution for Linux? I am currently using Ubuntu 22.04. I have Unity Hub installed in Downloads.I've tried many solutions, but none of them have worked.

Anything helps.

[edit] tried running the script from dsills-skillz and the page is still blank.

Last edited: May 14, 2023
  41. wisestmedia

wisestmedia

Find the solution here