Search Unity

Unity Hub Sign In Window - Blank.

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Amon, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Amon

Amon

I installed Unity Hub and clicked sign in and a new window popped up that is just blank. I tried waiting and running as administrator. I've tried reinstalling it but same deal.

8GB DDR3 RAM - EVGA GTX 1080 8GB - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Gigabyte Mobo

Attached Files:

2. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

what happens if you close the window with the 'X' in the top right corner?

3. Amon

Amon

It just closes that window. When I click to sign in again it displays a blank window again.

[edit] I just updated my graphics card drivers and same deal. Rebooted the PC and it does the same thing again.

Taploid7, deus0 and CTpsycho like this.
  4. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

That window is populated from a web view. Do you have a firewall set up? You should ensure that it allows the hub to connect to the net.

CTpsycho likes this.
  5. alexzzzz

alexzzzz

Same here.

First, the "Loading..." page hangs for 60 seconds.
    hub1.png

Then "Welcome..." page appears with the login button that opens a completely blank window.
    hub2.png

I was thinking I could specify the license file manually but the link "deploy a license file" does nothing.

Windows 10 Pro x64. No special firewall rules, MS Edge and IE 11 (both x86 and x64) work fine.

CTpsycho, Hightlander and MrLucid72 like this.
  6. alexzzzz

alexzzzz

If I launch Unity Hub for the first time, nothing visually happens, no windows at all, but I see two "Unity Hub.exe" processes running.
    u2.PNG

If I launch Unity Hub for the second time, I get three processes running and this time see the window: 60 seconds of the "Loading" page and then the "Welcome" page that doesn't work.
    u3.PNG

If I close all the windows, the third "Unity Hub.exe" process goes away but the previous two continue running until I kill them manually.

7. mathieub

mathieub

Unity Technologies

8. alexzzzz

alexzzzz

9. alexzzzz

alexzzzz

I can send you Process Monitor logs if you like.

lehailam016 likes this.
  10. mathieub

mathieub

Unity Technologies

@alexzzzz Unfortunately, I don't think Process Monitor logs gonna be a great help here.

Could you please do the following:
    1 - Closes all Hub processes (ensure nothing left in the Task Manager)
    2 - Start an editor (through the Unity.exe)
    3 - You gonna land on the "old" launcher, from there, try to sign in an let me know if you face the same issue

Thanks a lot for you collaboration!

11. alexzzzz

alexzzzz

I have 4 installations:

2017.1.3f1, 2017.2.1p1, 2017.3.0p1 -- these three asked me to login.
    2018.1.0b4 --- this one opened the list of my projects.

I checked all the installations first and then successfully logged in using 2017.3.0p1. No problems, everything looks normal.

12. BorisMongeau

BorisMongeau

Unity Technologies

Let me get someone from the sign-in team to see if they can find the problem

13. alexzzzz

alexzzzz

It works!

hub.png

14. The_Jare

The_Jare

Same problem here:

- Install Hub and launch it
    - First window invites me to login or create an id. I click to login
    - New window opens but is blank and remains blank.
    - I close the blank login window using the X, click again to login, same thing.
    - I close the hub, run it again, no window shows up at all.
    - I look in the task manager and see two Unity Hub processes.
    - I kill the one with more memory allocated (~80MB) and both vanish.
    - I run the hub again but no window shows up at all. 2 Unity Hub processes in Task Manager, rinse and repeat.
    - I open Unity 2017.3, it logs in automatically just fine.
    - I close Unity 2017.3, open hub, no window shows up at all.

I haven't rebooted yet.

15. alexzzzz

alexzzzz

Yesterday my Windows (Insider Preview) decided to update and I agreed. After the update the issue with the hub had gone. I thought it was a coincidence and the guys did actually fix something.

charlesb_rm likes this.
  16. The_Jare

The_Jare

Computer freshly rebooted, same behaviour: I launch the Hub but no window shows up, just two processes in the Task Mananger, one taking 75MB the other 35MB.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Hub, and noticed that after installation it auto-launches itself. But just as described, the window doesn't show up, just the two processes. Whehn I installed it originally, it did seem to run automatically, but I assume it ran the two ghost processes just like now.

So I launched it again without killing the existing Hub processes, and the window appears (along with a 3rd process now). Same behaviour as the first post, blank login window.

If I kill everything and launch the Hub twice then the Hub window shows up consistently. But the login window will still be blank.

(Windows 10 64-bit fully updated, Hub 0.11.0)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  17. adeshpande

adeshpande

I am facing similar issues with unity Hub. Canot login to my account.
    And it also cannot download the Learn section "01 : Play & Edit Mode " tutorials or any of the tutorials.

18. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

yep same 2 issues: Both on hub AND unity when it was fine yesterday.

Several minutes later, it finally loads the main screen -- however, signing in results in indefinite white screen

I have a feeling it may have to do with init loading -- there's no way the first loading should take that long. I think it actually timed out BEFORE getting to that screen. However, internet works fine -- I can sign in fine within Unity. That ID link posted above works fine for me. Using default Windows 10 firewall.

Something else I noticed: Checking license if I open directly is going a bit crazy and is also indefinitely staying here:

Every 1/2 second, the center text flickers. Every now and then, I'll see the top bar appear and load to 100% in only 1 second. Then poof. It seems like it's pinging every 1/2 second and failing (which is in my head when you said firewall). However, I've authed fine for the past few years: It's only when I started using Hub and 2018 (originally 5.6). Even then -- I signed in fine earlier. I really don't know what's causing it, but it seems server-side.

I'm stuck! I can't get in anywhere.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  19. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

To add, the license check is also super jumpy ^

This issue seems intermittent: I found a workaround (not a solution) to manually activate by disabling the internet. I'll then be prompted to a URL to copy+paste something, download a file, then upload it back to Unity -- then enter my serial again. I then turned on my internet again. After this, both hub and Unity started working again.

Who knows how long until it starts doing this again. I found an FAQ about this that was useless -- turn off antivirus (first thing I tried), ensure firewall isn't blocking 80 or 443 (that's literally http and https/ssl/tls -- no one blocks those or they wouldn't even be able to download Unity or even post here -- or anywhere, for that matter, haha). Then an unstable connection (I'm on a cat6 wired 450mbps connection using Google DNS - no way).

This is absolutely a Unity issue. If it wasn't, I wouldn't be able to sign in just fine after manually activating (especially since a mod above confirmed the same id url is the access point for all the related sign-ons).

AlDSouza likes this.
  20. Protozoaire

Protozoaire

Same here except I can clic on my project in Unity Hub, it's loaded and then a white screen stays there:
    PrtScr capture_27.png

21. campbellsoup66

campbellsoup66

hello i am new here

22. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

So after updating the hub we cant sign in now or get our projects from the cloud. We have a deadline today, how the hell did this hub update get through QA?!

@BorisMongeau

EDIT: anyone else having this, you can get around it by opening the standard unity launcher, signing in with that, and then opening unity using that. We were not able to get the hub to allow us to sign in, and strangely now the sign in button is greyed out in the sign in menu. Frustrating but at least there is a workaround

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  23. BorisMongeau

BorisMongeau

Unity Technologies

Hi GameDevCouple,

I'm very sorry that you've hit that bug. We released 1.4 yesterday containing a fix for that issue. The hotfix 1.3.2 was created to fix a critical network issue we had. The impact was the Hub took 30 seconds on startup to realize it's online (putting the sign-in grey).

Boris

24. CodeFriendlyArt

CodeFriendlyArt

Thanks, I'm at Windows 10 - Unity 2018.30f2 - updated Hub yesterday to see if that was the problem, performed troubleshooting today but answers around did not helped. Followed your recommendations and it totally works. I needed to update my team with my project changes by using Collab and couldn't because of this.

Unity Technologies : Why if an old system/technique works in a robust way and keeps working as today** as the older sign in gadget does - then you decide to change it all of a sudden with unreliable stuff. This is not the first issue with this new signing stuff at all - it has been reported repeatedly since 2017 (two years now) - why not accepting is too troublesome and stick with what you know works flawless? Doesn't really make sense at all to me.

Unity was robust and I liked it a lot - now it started to crumble all around in favor of too-frequent-updates. Not only with this but with a lot of other issues. I think I speak for most if not all fellow developers around, we don't need that many updates if they will come at the instability of a great product.

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  25. calvinc_ob

calvinc_ob

I have just solved the problem by
    1. granting permission at c:\programdata\unity\ for everyone to write all
    2. it then prompts windows firewall want to access the unity license file, click allow

then the blank screen gone

TimeWalk-org and nick_nearlight like this.
  26. Fatbeard2018

Fatbeard2018

# uname -a
    Linux fatdog64 4.14.12 #1 SMP Tue Jan 9 23:44:49 AEST 2018 x86_64 AMD Phenom(tm) II X3 B75 Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

27. unity_NXsj2OVdUjdPMw

unity_NXsj2OVdUjdPMw

This worked perfectly for me.
    delete the UnityHub and Unity Hub folders
    install Unity Hub;
    solution error unity hub white window.png

afb3070, HaMrDev, cocleu and 8 others like this.
  28. nemo76

nemo76

It works. Thanks so much.

29. sisermann

sisermann

Yes it worked! This problem appeared after the most recent Windows Update.

30. ThomLaurent

ThomLaurent

Still not working on Linux, even after logging in https://id.unity.com and deleting and re-downloading the UnityHubSetup.AppImage

31. bfirst

bfirst

THIS WAS GOLD!!! THANKS

32. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hi, Which version of Unity hub do you have please ? I can easily sign in into my Unity account via the hub on linux.

33. csiro_rmc3

csiro_rmc3

I hit this problem yesterday (as shown by @Fatbeard2018 above) after updating to Unity Hub 1.6.2 (Windows 10 1803 - 17134.376)

Yesterday I followed the same steps to ...
    • Quit UnityHub,
    • Deleted the folders in appdata\roaming
    • Restarted and it allowed me to sign in again
    All good, except that today I restarted my PC and had the same issue again (log attached)

After repeating the steps above again I was able to log in again.

Of note, when restarting today the unity hub was initially reporting something like 'unable to contact the authentication service' (sorry missed exact wording of error) - even though I could then sign in properly.

Edit: Have just tried a reboot and it is still working.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    cocleu likes this.
  34. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

Perfect! What's strange is that it was working at some point so I suspect this bug will return. Perhaps Unity Hub has a crash and holds onto some file locks preventing it from opening again. I had trouble deleting the files from C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming because 'there was another program using it' even though Unity hub was closed.

35. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

Unity crashed while i was using ProBuilder and now Unity Hub is broken again.

36. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

This time Unity Hub broke after I restarted my computer.

These are the files that are locked in AppData\Roaming

I assume it can't load one of them so fails to start properly.

UnityHub4.PNG

Opening Task Manager, expanding Unity and ending the Unity Hub task allowed me to delete these files, then booting Unity Hub works again.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  37. super_hitops

super_hitops

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU ! new user 5/15/2019. this error has been stopping me recently.

38. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

I have some more info on this.

You don't need to delete all the files located in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub.

I just deleted the accessToken, accessTokenExpiration, refreshToken and refreshTokenExpiration files. This kills your session so you need to log in again but at least it starts without having to do any other annoying stuff.

Please fix this Unity. I'll log a bug.

39. bumbu

bumbu

Same here. id.unity.com works fine but Unity Hub Sign In window is blank.

40. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

Unity QA told me to try reinstalling unity hub. Sigh...

Case number: 1154815 if any at unity wants to take a look.

41. bumbu

bumbu

I got it working after a day of trying like this:
    1. Logout of Unity Hub (this seems to be important step)
    2. Exit Hub and kill all processes
    3. Delete Unity Hub folders in AppData/Roaming
    4. Start unity and log-in again
    5. Works!

If I did not logout before doing all that I was "logged in" and everything was stuck.

42. Scifer

Scifer

Any update? I am experiencing the same issue and can't even create a manual license file to get Unity Hub activated.

I have also report the bug on Case number: 1154251 with no reply.

43. Scifer

Scifer

After looking through the logs I found that Unity Hub could not find my Windows Product key in the registry as the String was blank. After entering the product key in the registry I was able to sign in.

Checking the log file AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs\info-log.json I found the below entry which highlights "Key Not Found"

{"moduleName":"App","level":"error","message":"[ 'Failed to start Unity Hub, reason: Key Not Found' ]","timestamp":"2019-05-19T10:44:37.039Z"}

To fix this do the following:

Open regedit and goto Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion and enter in your windows product key XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX in the ProcudtID feild. Once entered make sure to kill all UnityHub processes and reopen Unity Hub.

upload_2019-5-19_20-56-16.png

44. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

My windows key is in the ProductID field. :/ hopefully Unity can repro this soon. logging in every time is annoying.

45. MrNinjaTaco

MrNinjaTaco

Unity not working.PNG This is the page I get when I launch Unity. The buttons are still there, but I do not know what they do (I am new to Unity). I have tried most of the suggestions above but they don't work.

46. WimPOA

WimPOA

This worked for me:
    1. Exit Hub and kill all processes
    2. Start unity (not HUB) and log-in again
    3. Works!

creepteks likes this.
  47. TimeWalk-org

TimeWalk-org

This solved it! Thanks!

48. DaFroYo1

DaFroYo1

I have the same problem. Whenever I click the "Sign In" button it doesn't even say Loading, it just shows a blank white screen. I waited for a bit but nothing happens, and I don't really understand all the technical stuff here, so if someone could explain the solutions more simpler, than that'd be great!

49. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi @DaFroYo1,

Could you report a bug through the Hub's Bug Reporter? This thread is quite old and if it can't help you we may need to look into your logs more closely. The bug reporter can be found in the Hub's tray menu.

Thanks,

50. Aashishsinng

Aashishsinng

I was having the same problem (sign in page blank and no license) all i did was closed all processes of unity hub from task manager and restarted hub, it worked fine(didn't even asked for license)