Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Question Unity Hub Project Template - How to update template from repository

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Sarith-Rovio, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Sarith-Rovio

Sarith-Rovio

Hello, I've created a custom project template to help launch new prototype projects quickly with all the needed dependencies, utilities, starter assets etc..
    This template is also distributed across my team, with each member placing a copy of it directly in their UnityHub folder, which gives them the ability to use the template to start new prototypes projects through the Unity Hub.

I will be updating this template with new tools and assets as I go, however I want to eliminate the requirement of having everyone on the team, place an updated copy of the template into their Unity Hub [Templates] folder manually each time
    Ideally the local template could be auto updated / retrieved through the git repository, to the latest version.

I see a repository section in the Template's package.json (see screenshot), however I am not sure if this is the way to do it.
    I have placed a newer template into the git repository but don't seem to get it updating to my local template. What am I doing wrong, is what I am looking to do, possible?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022