Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Resolved Unity hub opens with a black screen

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by MAXWAR11, Jul 27, 2022.

1. MAXWAR11

MAXWAR11

Hello everybody! This is my first topic on your site and in it I want to share my solution to the problem when unity does not open, or a gray window opens.I want to say right away that I have installed unity of the latest version at the moment on a clean windows 10. For a long time I wandered around the topics of different sites until I decided to do it myself. The following was knocked out in the logs

[ 'connect: Connecting to Licensing Client IPC channel' ]"}
    {"timestamp":"2022-07-27T02:36:00.277Z","level":"info","moduleName":"LicensingSdkService","message":"[ 'Trying to connect to existing primary pipe (if any)...' ]"}
    {"timestamp":"2022-07-27T02:36:00.279Z","level":"info","moduleName":"LicensingSdkService","message":"[ 'Trying to connect on pipe Unity-LicenseClient-Moksem' ]"}
    {"timestamp":"2022-07-27T02:36:00.282Z","level":"warn","moduleName":"LicensingSdkService","message":"[ 'Lost IPC connection to Licensing Client' ]"}
    {"timestamp":"2022-07-27T02:36:00.282Z","level":"warn","moduleName":"LicensingSdkService","message":"[ 'Failed with ipc error type: PipeIsNotOpen, pid: undefined' ]"}

I managed to solve this problem by giving full access in the file security settings (Unity.Licensing.Client) to all groups of the system.
    I hope I helped someone with solving this problem!